MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story behind this. The previous owner had a short shifter installed and one of the little round trd knobs. It drove me nuts having my hand rubbing all against the boot and what not. I ended up modifying a $10 ebay shift knob for better grip but the back of the boot was always folding up and rubbing against the bottom of my hand/wrist. :mad:
So I decided to get rid of it... well most of it.
Using a plastic lid from a storage bin I made 2 panels to keep dust out and uglyness out of sight.
Then I cut off most of the shift boot and just super glued the rest back in the trim piece.
Not sure how this would look with an oem set up but I'm happy with the rusults :grin2:
It's pretty cool being able to see the way the linkages operate.

I attached the template I used, but remember it'll have to be adjusted to fit the clearances of your specific car.

The part you have to get exact is the left side of the bottom panel and the left edge of the center square. They can catch against each other if sizes aren't just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
I think that's a pretty cool mod. Not everyone's taste but solves an issue for you and it serves a purpose. Great job.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts