MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is everything I ordered and it came out to about $28 shipped from mcmaster.com; shipping was only $5 for ground shipping to a friends business address; if you ship to a business address it's next day ground for only $5!!!

Screen shots of the mcmaster.com site; note the catalog page number and the red squared boxes (all the info you need is there!!).

The "L brackets" just need the center hole drilled out bigger to fit the mounting bolts. Since they already have riveted ball studs it's really little to no extra fab work!

You can order a stronger rod if you like I say start out with 40lb and go up and down accordingly

EDIT USE the 30lb force gas spring.

donations welcome, i know a lot of people have benefited from this...
paypal donations to [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Pretty self explanatory, bolt it to the engine lid hinge and the other bracket to where the radiator neck bolts to. Sorry for the crappy pics and dirty bay; my engine lid gas spring was stripped of the paint and polished. I didn't have the quick release steel rod ends at the time of this pic.

·
Super Moderator
5,500 Posts
I think that could be a good weight. Some of the struts used by others tend to be a little too firm when in the closed position and end up flexing the engine lid enough to bring it slightly out of alignment. This is not only unappealing to look it but it tends to creak in that position and makes the car sound cheap.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Has anybody done one of these with the stock airbox? Dual rod?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
i ordered it, wow came really fast and works great! now my trunk does not hit me in the head anymore! soon the frunk too!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed real easy. Only thing I want to know is, Does anyone else have an issue with the lid not closing flush anymore? My lid wont close flush now. It sticks up about a 1/4 inch. I have tried to adjust it by using the other mounting holes in the brackets but it still sticks up. Any help would be great. I love it though No more having to fight with the prop rod in the dark or walk around the car to place it in its hole. Thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its just the side where I installed the new prop rod. If I disconnect the rod the lid sits flush. I will mess with it some today and see if I can get some pics. Never Mind, I feel like such a tool! There was a 10mm socket That I left on the lip channel. LMAO that will keep it from closing flush every time. Just can't figure how i missed it before. Long hours at work must be wearing on me. Thanks again guys gonna post some pics.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts