MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VTV on my BPV broke. I tried fixing it, but it looks like it had been repaired before and nothing would hold. I tried modifying a PCV valve to work like the VTV by taking it apart and filing down the plug a little, but the heat in the engine bay melted the glue I used to put it back together and it came completely apart.

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to make my own VTV. I think if I had a diaphragm type vacuum check valve I could modify it to work. Has anyone sucessfully made one of these? How did you do it?

I'd appreciate any advice on how to make one or get a new one, as my BPV is pretty much non-functional right now.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
They're about $28 from Toyota. The are a critical component for the proper operation of the BOV. I'd just buy one.

JMHO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't find one for sale on the online OEM toyota vendors, which is why I wanted to hack one up. Didn't think I could get that part by itself. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place. The dealers here are pretty sxxt worthless, so I didn't bother calling them, but I guess I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts