MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was messing around with the car today (still waiting on hardware to put the downpipe on), and as i was moving the dipstick tube around, it came out of the pan. is there some kind of seal here, or when i put the mounting bolt back in, will everything be fine?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool... thats what i wanted to hear! thanks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The 3SGTE dipstick tube has a little O-ring on the end that seals in a bung on the block. Over time that O-ring will become brittle and shrink. You should clean it up and clean the bung in the block. Replace the O-ring if needed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just make sure you don't get any crud off the block into the dipstick hole when you put it back. You kinda have to work blind and feel it back in. Also, you should feel a bit of resistance when inserting the dipstick. If you don't, the o-ring isn't getting a good seal.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
BAHHHH!!! Today this happened to me when I was an hour from home with no tools. My car was burning oil and throwing smoke the whole way home :(. Just make sure its sealed or oil will be everywhere.... not hard to get back in.... but it gets messy if you drive like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts