MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to buy a car from dino_racer (aka Chris Hamel). We agreed upon a price and to meet in Waco at 9:30 on Sunday for me to buy the car. We both got there early and I was ready to buy the car.
Problem. He had planned to meet somebody to buy a replacement car and that guy was a no show.
Eventually (after an hour of calling) Chris gets hold of the guy and we expect him to be there "in 15 minutes".
We get out the title and Chris does not have a transferable copy of the title. It is signed by a seller and processed, but is not a transferable copy, and it is an out of state title at that. This after I asked him online "do you have a copy of the title in your name?" to which he answered "yes I have the pinkslip".
I guess he missed the part where I wanted him to have a clear transferable title. After we discuss the additional costs/hassle of me trying to process his out of state title we reach an agreement. We wait another hour and no Civic guy shows up for Chris to buy this other car. I offer to buy the car and drive him home. He says no. I offer to leave him a deposit and have him bring me the car later. He says no. So after wasting $50 in gas and 5 hours of my time all he does is shrugs his shoulders. Not so much as an "I'm sorry."
Now I see this morning that he has sold the car to somebody else.
I was ok with him being a loser, but this is beyond that, and borders on criminally stupid or at the very least unethical and inconsiderate.
dino_racer is now my #1 biggest loser :thumbdown on the board!
Moderators, is it possible to leave negative feedback for a sale which was agreed upon, and he screwed me on, but no money changed hands? If so I am all over this one!

·
Registered
620 Posts
That really sucks. Chris your a total loser. When you make a deal you need to think about the other person not just about yourself. John

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
If no transaction took place, you can't leave feedback. This thread, however, is wholly appropriate.

·
TD06 HP record holder
3,636 Posts
I was a part of this deal (Bryan's side) and all I can say is that I am very disappointed in Chris and discussed at the level of maturity of the deal. Communication is Key.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David Hawkins said:
If no transaction took place, you can't leave feedback.
If a transaction had taken place I would be happy.
The "transaction" was that he agreed to sell me the car and I made a arrangements to follow through and it cost me time and money when he failed to meet his obligations.
Seemed to me like the same as if I sent money and never got anything. If after waiting forever finally got the money back, no transaction occurred, but it merits feedback. Not arguing the point, just explaining why I wanted to leave him a big negative on his rating.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
David Hawkins said:
If no transaction took place, you can't leave feedback. This thread, however, is wholly appropriate.
Uhh.... I think that he was saying that he argees with the tread.

~C.C.~

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was not disagreeing with David, just expressing why I would want to leave feedback on his trader rating as well. I just don't want other people to waste too much effort on this guy or count on him to follow through.

·
Registered
714 Posts
there was never a price agreement, i agreed on 1200 and when i got there you offered me $1,050 because you had to register it, the car IS in my name, i shouldnt have to pay for you to register it, 1200 is cheap enough.

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
I drove brian there on sunday morning 200 miles.

Brian asked if the title is in your name before he left and u said yes.The title was not in your name and he would have to pay a car lot to do an in and out sale to have the title transfered.

There is no way the new owner could transfer the title leggaly for $50.
Its not posible to transfer a title in texas that is all singed up. No way unless he is a dealer.

Brian offerd to buy the car and give u ride home u refused. U did not say sorry one time. Nothing u just acted stupid the whole time. Totaly unprofesional. Leave the board u will not be missed at all.

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Gas is not free.

Too late now. He offerd a deposit u did not want it. So it was like u did not want to sell this car to him. He probly would have paid more if he knew that u gona do what u did.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i realise that gas is not free, but theres no way in gonna sell my car for $1,050 and then another $100 for gas. thats basically $950 for a clean mr2. i paid $950 for it. When i bought it, it wasnt running, and it had a faded paint job, i put a good 2k into the car, im not going to sell it for less than $1k. im sorry, i hate cheapskates.

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
He did offerd u $1200 u accepted it.

We get there and the title is not right and not transferable. That cost money at least $150.

He is not a cheapskates. U costed him gas and time.

M

·
0 Posts
hey everyone,
I am chris's roomate and i have been reading some of the things u been saying. i all i have to say is that this thread is a joke and mr2by4 is a liar. chris told him many time on the net when i was sitting there that the car was registered in his name in california. The registration that he brought and showed was in his name correct???. the pink slip is in his name just the new one could not be sent until the car was smogged, srry cali law. u talk all this ____ about having to go through all this hassle, srry man thats life. i find it funny that the kid that bought it had it registered and isured in his name the same day. U guys say u agreed on a price, yeah u did 1200. he gets there with the registration in his name and u try to dick him around to 1050, i wouldnt of sold it either. then u keep saying u would of gave him a ride home, 100 dollars is way to much for gas in an mr2 and u know it. so in all reality u wanted the car for 950, thats a joke right. that car is worth way more then that and we all know. i cant believe that the moderators on this site allow this kinda crap, that is a joke. personally, i think this forum is a waste of time cuz all i see on here is a buncha kids that talk ____ cuz they didnt get there way. u neglect to tell people that u threw a fit about the registration (that was in his name) just to bring the price down. final thing the reason he didnt sell the car to u is because u need to think man, he is not from out here and tht is his only mode of transportation, he didnt want to take the deposit because some guy already dicked him around that day and he didnt know when he was gonna be able to find another car. would u be more mad if u gave him a deposit and it take a month to get the car or then what happended. i see where he was in the wrong but her did not expect that a guy that ives in waco that he had talked to for 2 weeks tryin to set this up was gonna flake on him like he did. he talked to the guy before he left and the guy was being a bitch. e sold the car for 1500 to another guy with a trade on a 91 crx. u guys seriously need to stop bashin on him cuz it is a ____ing joke.

M

·
0 Posts
oh and by the way, artur1976, u have no right to talk ____. u also did the same thing to chris, u offered to buy his car for 2000, he drove to meet u, and u flaked on hime. u toldhim u were gonna buy his car and never did. so u should be the last person to open ur mouth

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
I drove 150 miles the week before to look at the car he only drove 60.
I gave him $20 for gas that filled up the tank and was way more than enugh to drive 120 miles.

I asked him about the issues with the car before I left. He did not mention the clutch having an issue and the engine idled very rough. If those things were not there I would have bought his car then.

Iam dont with this thread. I waisted plenty of time dealing with chris.

Chris is better suited to the honda board anyway.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK myblacksrt (who only joined the board to make these two lame posts) here are the facts:
Chris offered the car to me for $1500.
I said I would give him $1200.
He said he wanted $1300 and I said I would pay that, if he brought the car to me.
He said he could not do that b/c your car burned to much gas to make the trip to DFW.
He had a car he wanted in Waco and was ready to sell at $1200 if I met him in Waco.
I asked him "do you have a copy of the title in your name?".
He said "yes, I have the pink slip". He had the title paperwork, but NO transferable title. He had a receipt, a title signed over to him and completed, but nothing I could take to the state of Texas as proof of my purchase of the car.
If Chris was balking at the price he should have spoken up. He agreed to the price of $1200 and when I discovered that Chris had dodged smogging his car in CA and had avoided registering it in TX and had a signed and completed, but not transferable title in his name, I contacted a dealer to see what they would charge to do the title paperwork. I offered him $150 less since he had misrepresented the title and I would have to pay additional fees and deal with the additional difficulties. He ACCEPTED! He did not say, "No I cant' sell it that cheap." He said "OK". And the paperwork he had showed that he bought the car for $50. So I guess that he has either lied on an affidavit (crime), or lied here (which is what I claimed), or both (very possible).
I offered to take Chris home, I offered to pay him and leave him there, I offered to give him a deposit on the car. Artur wanted gas money (which was reasonable), I just wanted to try to salvage my day and buy his car. At that point I was not worried about the $30 in gas.
He did not do any of those things, not because of money, but because of his inability to follow through on his agreement. If it was because of money, he needs to learn to speak, other than telling lies and making false promises.
He claims that his failure to make satisfactory arrangements for his purchase of another car is not his fault, but he made a deal with me. I did not make a deal with some Honda guy in Waco. That was Chris's screw-up. The mistake I made was trying to buy a car from Chris.
My reason for posting here is to let other people know that they should not waste their time and money assuming that Chris will tell you clear and true information about his stuff (lied about the title and hoped that I would buy it anyway) and that he will not follow through on his agreements (refused to sell me the car, or accept a deposit and then sold the car to someone else).
The biggest lie here is the one that Chris is telling himself; that there was nothing he could do, and that it was not his fault. Chris needs to grow-up and play with the adults where people take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. He has chosen to go Honda, I might venture to guess that he will fit in better there, but that is an insult to Honda owners.
And as further evidence of his being all talk, Chris said days ago that he was done with this board and that he was out of here. Well he has not left and has instead drug some neon guy in here to try to defend him. Clearly a man of his word :bsflag:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts