MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation & background:
I'm 21 and i have a 95 integra (nice rims, tweaked suspension) and a 95 Eagle talon ( DSM Awd Turbo with a few mods/upgrades and money spent on maintenence recently).

I want to only have one car b/c im in school and got a PT job. This puts me into a situation where i want a versitile car with performance and dependability. I often throw my mountain bike in the back of my integra and wont be able to do this on the mr2.... Do they sell a receiver hitch for these cars? lol. I can handle the small cargo & passenger space b/c i really dont ride with more than 1 person. .. Does anybody see where this is going??

Has anybody been in the same boat as me?? Ive never been an mr2 but my friend tells me (his dad owns one) the thing handles like a go cart and is fast..etc I plan to test drive the car somewhere before actually making my decision and all but im in a rut.. I plan to sell both of my cars or at least try to trade my 95 eagle talon for a mr2 which would be the best my best option if possible.

ANybody been in my position? Very frustrating

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
yea say good bye to carrying much of anything. ...

but for gods sake sell the eagle talon!!!!!!! :barf

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'll go barf on the integra! BAH!

As for your dilemma, yes it handles incredibly, yes it's fast and yes it will bite your head off in a second. You may not like going from a fwd and awd to MRD. It's not forgiving to underskilled drivers (or anyone that pushes their luck), it has handling characteristics completely opposite to what you're use to and it takes fear, respect and time to get the most from one.

As for the space issue, just look at what surrounds that .25 cubic feet of storage space - the MR2 is a classic, beautiful, age defying machine!!! I think it's very roomy and comfortable inside (i'm 6'2 185) plenty O leg room. Not to mention the best shift position ever...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts