MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my car painted in a few weeks, and I'm exploring new/different front plate options other than the standard "OEM" mount on my MKII.

Let's see some different front plate mount options.

Please post if you bought a mounting kit, are using zip ties, etc.

Thanks!

David

·
Premium Member
13,277 Posts
^^^ thats the way my plate was mounted when I got my car. Just a piece of angle iron bolted to the underside of the bumper and the plate bolted to it. Im really glad they did it this way when, no holes in my bumper :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
dave you make it like thats happened to some of us....ha cant say i've ever been ticketed for that.......lol righttttt....anyways, i didnt put any plates on there, just double up zipties for added length and wrapped em around the vertical posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I've got mine mounted on the bottom left hand corner of the front bumper. I had a metal bracket laying around and decided to do a little experimenting. There's a bolt I believe that's located near the fog light. Just remove it, put the bracket in, and bolt your plate to the bracket. The plate is being held on by one bolt only but is fairly stable. It doesn't move or flap around at highway speeds. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bump for more ideas

I need to come up with something, cuz I want to shave my plate holes when I put the Aeroware lip on. :thumbup

·
Registered
661 Posts
blue-sun said:
here in IL we don't have that luxury. It's not something they can pull you over for, but it's a secondary offense, meaning we can (and do) get ticketed for it when pulled over.

actually, I have been pulled over for it. never ticketed. I just show them that its in the passenger seat. I'll never put it on.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
^^i did that for 2 years with my first car. Now i basically assume that if a cop is around, I'm going to get pulled over, and well I personally like having the least amount of reasons for a cop to give me a ticket. As of now...they have 0 :)

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
infinitezero said:
^^i did that for 2 years with my first car. Now i basically assume that if a cop is around, I'm going to get pulled over, and well I personally like having the least amount of reasons for a cop to give me a ticket. As of now...they have 0 :)
amen andrew!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Having the plate on the side takes getting used to. It distracts you from the front of the car because it isn't perfectly symmetrical. I wonder how much airflow is being blocked depending on the location of the plate. It would seem logical that having it in the center poses the greatest restriction. btw, the only other car I can think of that has their plates on the sides are the Evo's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts