MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seem to be 2 different part numbers for the different throttle cables on the SC. One for with cruise and one without.

What is the difference? Can they be interchanged?

I'm looking to convert from NA to SC in the upcoming year. I have most parts for the swap. I have an NA throttle cable, but figure that I'll have to change to the SC throttle cable. Now I see there are 2 different ones. I do plan on having cruise control installed, which I see is also different on the SC than the NA. Can the NA throttle cable be used or is it a poor fit?

78180-17120 (SPC with cruise)
78180-17110 (SPC)

Besides inquiring about the throttle cable, if anyone has the different parts to convert the cruise, email or PM me. I believe the actuator and computer had different part numbers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
NA cable is just a little longer than the SC Cable . Should work . I only found one listing for SC cables when I was looking at Toyota just recently .

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go figure... conflicting advice. Grr...

Both my cars are stored, and i've never had these side by side or else I'd compare at least the NA to SC w/cruise.

I'll wait another day for any more definitive advice and if I don't get any I may just buy yours anyhow and hope it works, Paul.

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
I left the NA cable in my 88 when I swapped the GZE motor. The throttle cable fits very taut even with the adjuster full extended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts