MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i have a whole bunch at home for waste gate, turbo flanges, exahust etc.
will post when i get home

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
EDIT: BEFORE using, please print out each drawing on a 1:1 scale on PAPER and match the paper printout against your harware piece to ensure that it fits properly. Much cheaper to print 10 paper pages than to lazercut over and over if it doesnt match up :)
Now, past experiences have taught me that some will complain when things arent exactly as THEY would like them, or dont fit into the mental imagery they had set for themselves, so not to be a jerk, but before you download these, keep in mind that these were for MY car, and worked just fine with MY setup, im posting these as a reference only. What you actually do with these drawings (and more importantly) what the end result will be, is your business.

So without without much further blabbing here are those drawings i promised HERE
Havent had time to put down all the measurements or what not, however they are accurate. Those were the end results that i sent to the machine shop to laser cut. Turned out pretty good. Pictures of the finished product HERE Dont laugh at how dirty it is pls :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are there any free DWG viewers? I found on AutoDesk's site a free DWF viewer. The DWF viewer supports viewing DWG files published to DWF format only. To generate a DWF file, you need AutoCAD 2000 or later.

So can the files be shared in DWF format? Then we can get the free DWF viewer and enjoy! Or if there's a free DWG viewer, let us know.

The free DWF viewer is here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=2404513

·
Registered
53 Posts
A .dxf file is what is used for laser, hydrojet, plasma or torch cutting. I reverse engineer all my flanges with a CMM to ensure accurate hole and port measurements, no calipers or tape measures here. Haha.

shiz if anyone downloads your file you should tell them to print it off 1:1 scale and see if it will work for them before getting it cut. Personally I don't trust anyone's .dxf as I know 99% of them aren't measured to the accuracy of mine.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Conrad_Turbo said:
shiz if anyone downloads your file you should tell them to print it off 1:1 scale and see if it will work for them before getting it cut. Personally I don't trust anyone's .dxf as I know 99% of them aren't measured to the accuracy of mine.
good idea

coincidentally thats exactly what i did before sending them to the cutter. Just printed all the files 1:1 with my home printer and matched them up agains the hardware i had littered around my house.
Thanks for the tip :thumbup

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Conrad_Turbo said:
Personally I don't trust anyone's .dxf as I know 99% of them aren't measured to the accuracy of mine.
Well how about sharing..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dodees said:
Well how about sharing..
Sorry I cannot do that. I have a lot of time and money vested into my flanges and I cannot just hand that information out. The majority of the flanges out there will work...but mine are simply more accurate and accurate flanges cost more money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
appleburger said:
haha, someone thinks a little highly of their flanges eh?
No I just put more effort into doing things properly. Anyone can buy a $30 digital caliper and measure their own flanges with somewhat accuracy... I chose not to go that route, besides I do much more complicated work than 2d flanges anyways so a caliper won't cut it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts