MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's really starting to make me angry. I'm thinking it was my brakes (planning to put in axxis mm and napa blanks). It started to happen only when i pressed the brakes. but now i hear it on some left turns (not on right however). the noise varies from drive to drive as well. Once it made creak and the repititions increased as i accelerated. I put it in neutral (still cruising at whatever speed) but the sound wasn't AS audible but still evident. but got louder as i depressed the brake pedal again. It's coming from the drivers side rear and i got kinda scared something's wrong with my tranny/clutch (calling me a noob when it comes to the drivetrain is an understatement at best...i have mostly concentrated on electrical, body, and engine).

So i take it home, then drive out to a friends out, now the sound isn't that audible during cruise (still happens a bit on left turns still not on right though). Not audible during standstill (obviously). think it just may be my brake pads are wearing down? or could it be suspension related?

I had planned to change out the struts and springs and new pads and rotors within the next 1.5 months. but i'm going to go ahead and speed everything up and order them all within the next few days. If it doens't cure the noise, i figure all these parts were in dire need of changing regardless.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts