MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^like what the title asks... how do you determine whether your 93 was a late model or an earlier model? (I've tried searching)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine was made in 7/93. It must have been one of the last 93 built. Whats weird is I have a 94+ taillight rear trunk panel.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No, it's not a 94. It would have dual airbags if it was. I don't have the stock IC pipes anymore, the motor and everything in the engine bay has been completely overhauled:)

·
Registered
967 Posts
My 93 didn't come with 94 tails, but when I installed some, I didn't have to pound the rear panel in for the reverse lights to fit. Maybe late model 93?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nope, it had 93 tails when I bought it. It's a one owner car with 14K on it, never wrecked. Hey jthai, what your build date?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Robb said:
Hey jthai, what your build date?
It says 'Toyota Motor Corporation 01/93'

Ken,
I never noticed the 'ribbing' before for the 94+ models thats a good observation. Do they also come with the extra vacuum port like the genIII bov pipes? BTW mine is your standard flat bov pipe.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Jthai said:
Ken,
I never noticed the 'ribbing' before for the 94+ models thats a good observation. Do they also come with the extra vacuum port like the genIII bov pipes? BTW mine is your standard flat bov pipe.
Thanks. It's the only visual cue on the engine that it's a 94 or 95T. You can also look at the tops of the strut towers. The 94's and 95's have support brackets under the nuts. The 91-93 don't.

There is no extra port in the bov pipe.

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts