MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got my boost gauge installed this weekend. Great looking gauge IMO. Anyone considering a boost gauge that somewhat looks like the factory lighting should consider these. Here are some pictures:

Justin

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
did you make that mount or buy it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MR2TuRbZ,

It came with the Gauge itself.

mr2turbo12,

Got it at a discount, but it was still expensive, about 300 bucks. It comes with that control unit, and the other gauges use the same control unit.

Justin

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
thats the link system... he only has to worry about the wiring on the control unit... i have an extra defi cup like he does if anyone wants to buy it...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't have to extend any wiring. The sensor wire to the control unit is the only one that had me worried. I had to mount the boost pressure sensor around the intake and tap the line from the manfold to the BPV. Runing the wire was easy, I wanted the install as neat as I could get it. I didn't hack anything, just bought a turbo timer harness and soldered all my connections, pluged it in, and fired it up.

Justin

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
HA HA HA!!

You have 5 pictures of 1 Defi gauge, I have 0 pictures of my 6 Befi BFs. I understand why you feel so proud, though. The Defi gauges are great. Install is one of the strong points of the Defi system. If you can plug in a phone, you can install Defi gauges.

There are also longer cords that you can order so that you can install them wherever you like. My WRX has the 3 temperature gauges in the A-post and the 3 pressure gauges in a Defi pod on the dash. The Ver.2 Controller is in the glovebox.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yah I wish we could get the cluster lighting to be similar to the BF-series. We'll see what happens with replacing the bulbs.

I have the control unit in my center console. :)

The hose to the sensor is a bit short, but the wire from the sensor to the control unit is SUPER long so you don't have to extend anything.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
VERY FAST... one of he best and most accurate guage maufacturers around

i have mine mounted right above the clock on the dash

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
how visible is it during the day? like if the sun is shining RIGHT on the gauge face? i have a cheapo megan racing defi bf-wannabe gauge and i swear that thing has limo tint on the face haha! only good at night or dark areas :(

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thats EXACTLY where my best friend mounted his on his Supra heh. He has an autometer though. And for that little outer can part he ended up using the case for some type of light bulb lol. Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

And KAMAKAZE it seems like that is an awkward place to put a guage, mostly for the fact that you have to look off to the side to see it. But its still cool. Very noticable hehe.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
LJ...when u say u have an extra defi cup do u mean you have an extra mount?

and how good or bad are autometer gauges?...cuz im looking for a good boost gauge but i dont want to spend too much

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Po' Kid said:
Thats EXACTLY where my best friend mounted his on his Supra heh. He has an autometer though. And for that little outer can part he ended up using the case for some type of light bulb lol. Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

And KAMAKAZE it seems like that is an awkward place to put a guage, mostly for the fact that you have to look off to the side to see it. But its still cool. Very noticable hehe.

not at all... i found that lookin down was more troublesome than glancing just barely to the right. when u glance down you lose sight of the road... not to mention the 60mm guage is so large it will always block some of both the tach and speedo. in my location you barely glance over to the right and you still have perfect vision of the road ahead... a much better position in my opinion

1 - 20 of 28 Posts