MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after the crash and after my windscreen getting smashed i've decided to keep it. Buyin a honda for a daily basher. my plan was originally to keep the 89 GS-Limited 100% stock but that plans gone now. Im thinking of keeping it the orignal maroon paint colour, buying some 17" advantis, not sure what ones yet, the erebuni 628 kit with stock skirts, cut open side vent, Erebuni F40 style rear wing with LED and phoenix motorsports tri-vent engie lid.

Interior wise: Custom fiberglass sub box with twin 12's and 6x9's with neons, and keep the rest semi-stock. I either custom make or find another auto ahift and install...i want something small.

Under the Hood: Its just a 4age auto with cruise ( cruise is super rare from japan ) anyway i wanted to go turbo low boost with GZE internals and electronics, question is, i cant get a AW11 GZE auto ECU but it wasnt equipped with cruise,is the cruise dependant on the ECu or can i run any ECu and still keep the functioning cruise control? it's one feature i do not want to loose. Then running of the bottom of my GTE i will re-instate my Borla exhaust, and put the HKS back in the shed.

Should i do it? will it be worth it? im putting the Rego on hold for two months so i have two months to complete everything, is it stupid doing it to an auto?

cheers guys.

if u have any other ideas n what i shoudl do to the car plz post them up, im stuf for ideas and if the car dont keep me happy it goes, and i dont wana see this aw11 go anywhere lol.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to mention: if money allows i was thikning the possibility of nos, from what ive pread i want a wet kit for turbo or a dry kit or NA..the install of a dry kit looks in my favour....simpiler....wil dry work with turbo or is it no go?

·
Registered
976 Posts
dry kit with a turbo is a big no-no.. i dont know about over there, but here the price of wet kits fell thru the floor.. im seeing new kits go for ~300 shipped.

i remember the cruise having an independant control? maybe im wrong, its been a while :)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The cruise control is independent of the ECU.. I have a cruise control setup off my car I just found in the garage yesturday I would be willing to sell..

Brando

1 - 4 of 4 Posts