MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am looking to de-wing my 91 n/a and had a few questions. I was wondering about my antenna, is it going to be sitting up from the car if I take my side piece off? Cause from the looks of it it will be. Is there anything else I should know before attempting this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You will also have to take off your trunk spring. It will be too strong for the wingless trunk lid, and will bend it up. You'll see when the spoiler come soff.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
SKDiablo yea its like a catapult. the 91' wing is pretty heavy for a wing. you'll atlest lose some weight. anyone know why some mr2's came with the antenna above the driver side and some came with antennas by the spoiler?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
are you sure my car has power lock window and powered power steering. and still has it on the a-piller

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think cars with ttops have antennas in the rear and the hardtop & sunroof models have it on the A-pillar.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
no because I have a hardtop and i have the antenna on the spoiler. I do however have power windows and locks and premium sound stereo

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i wonder might it have to do with year or power antenna options?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Confusing, eh? Well, t-top models HAVE to have the antenna mounted on the spoiler for obvious reasons. Toyota is known to have odd packages. Perhaps the premium sound system came with the power antenna, even without power windows and locks. If not, then who knows.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
No, it's if you got the premium sound then it goes on the wing. The ones without the premium sound have them on the pillar.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
how bout this then...
-All ttops have power ant.
-Non ttop with power package has power ant
-Non ttop without power package has manual ant.
Anyone have a car that doesnt fit those criteria?

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
mista2turbo said:
how bout this then...
-All ttops have power ant.
-Non ttop with power package has power ant
-Non ttop without power package has manual ant.
Anyone have a car that doesnt fit those criteria?
Sounds good to me ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Seems like this thread has moved to an antennae thread. Lets see if I can get it back on track. :) Oh, the ant does look very wierd without the spoiler.

I just took my spoiler off my 92. I'm not sure if I like the way it looks just yet so anybody have any good ideas on how to fill the holes. I want it enough to be water tight but not something that I have to ruin the paint around the holes just yet. I definitely don't want to go down to the metal.

Blue rubber grommets without holes would be real nice. Some blue stickon circles would be nice if the stuff was sticky enough.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i used electic tape. taped it from the bottom and then from the top (other side) this is untill i can have a body shop fill mine.

lol see all those red spots thats the tape. its getto but it keeps the water out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts