MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrighty ya'll,

Given all the responses in the other Davis thread, I figured we'd get another thread started to actually try to organize a Davis MR2 Meet! February 18th was suggested as a possible date; what time of the day would work best for folks?

I was chatting w/Elaine earlier and proposed having everyone meet up somewhere in Davis (such as the Mondavi Center parking lot, which is right off I80 @ the UC Davis exit and has a lot of open area). From there, we can all cruise down 113 and hit up Sonics in Woodland, which is 10 minutes away or so, though we can hit something in town as another option. Just the thought of having hecka mr2s crowd the drive in booths @ Sonics seems like a fun lil' photo op =P Another thought is In-n-out or Redrum Burger, both are off the Richards Blvd exit of I80. Any other ideas or thoughts?

We can always throw in a fun road to cruise down as well if there's anything out here (have to go to Winters to get to Berryessa though).

Who's down? Post up with your ideas and thoughts so that we can actually make this happen this time!

--E

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I've still never been to Sonics, so it sounds fun. I gotta check with the boss (he'll get mad at me for not giving 2 weeks notice =p) and the Cammy first though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
count me in! Since this is a Davis meet, my suggestion would be to stay in Davis. INnOUT is alright with me. Lets make this happen people!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ah, beautifully stated, Ethan!

I hope other people in the area will be able to come on by.
That said, isn't the inNout parkinglot usually full?

I think the best time to throw in a drive, is on the way to Sonics. We could take a scenic route. This way, late comers can just meet us up in woodland. I know there are a couple of woodland guys out there, too.

-elaine

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
That weekend is going to be V-Day weekend for a lot of people preventing them from having that night free. :(

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
I'm in! Me + Sonic = woohoo! :D

That blonde girl I know with the blue mk1 might come too, if she can get off work.

There's a new Sonic under construction up in Roseville right off Hwy 65... that's going to be all kinds of [email protected]$$ once it's open. It'll be a mere 20 minutes from the twisties! Salmon Falls Road, anyone?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm up for it... as long as you don't mind a dinged-up/dented ol' junkyard dawg AW11 joining you! Mondavi might be a kewl place to meet, and then we can cruise up to Sonic. In-N-Out parking lot is waaaaaay too small/overcrowded...

What time?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ethan and I were thinking about moving it to the next weekend, what do you think? more people can request time off and come b/c it's not valentines day weekend

·
Registered
28 Posts
Neona said:
Ethan and I were thinking about moving it to the next weekend, what do you think? more people can request time off and come b/c it's not valentines day weekend
Yeah that works too, then autocross on sunday, the 19th ;)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good ish ya'll!

I'm thinking the 18th would be a better weekend to do it as well, especially considering Valentine's plans and what not. S'that work for everyone? If so, then is there anyway we can get a moderator to change the date to the 18th?

Also, that In-n-out parking lot does get full q-u-i-c-k! I think Sonics would still be the best bet after starting out @ the Mondavi Center. As for a time, how does afternoon / early evening sound? Or would folks rather it be @ night / late afternoon?

Also, what roads are out there that are nice and scenic that folks know of? The area's pretty flat so I can't imagine too many interesting roads =P

Let's keep it coming so that we can make this happen! Late.

--E

·
Registered
213 Posts
talktodan said:
geoff, is your car white?
Nah, mine is a red sunroof model, with a wingless rear trunk lid and a Momo Corse driver's seat (and Ground Control coilovers, etc.). I use stock triangles and el cheapo tires for the street. I haven't seen a dinged-up/dented white AW11 in Davis...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts