MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I bought a clutch, flywheel and rebuilt alternator from Dave (MR.2000GT) at MR2 Warehouse. I was planning on replacing my alternator with the one I bought from Dave but decided against for a number of reasons. Dave was fine with me shipping the unit back (At my expense) and refunding my money.

I have been satisfied with everything up until today when he accussed me of sending him an alternator other than what he sold me and stated he will not refund my money for the unit given. This is totally bogus and I will not stand for somone claiming I am dishonest. I have had one and only one alternator in my possession since the original purchase (technically the only one I have ever had except for the original on my car) and the only place it has been is the trunk of my car and a shelf in my room. There is no way I sent him a diffrent unit. I am not that kind of person and I take great offence to being labeled as such.

Like I said, I am fine with all other aspects of our transaction. If this had not happened then this post would be positive. I realize that mistakes happen and no one is perfect so Dave, this is your chance to correct this situation. I'm willing to forgive and forget.

Please refund my money.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Did you check the Toyota part number on the alternator once you got it to verify it was the right alterantor you ordered?

I bought a 100amp alt from a board member, and as soon as it got to me, I took pictures, and checked the part number.... it was a 70 amp unit. You can't tell by just looking at it (unless swapping alts is all you ever do).

I'm assuming he's saying you sent him a 70amp unit? Always cover your ass man.

·
Banned
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although it doesn't matter since both of us were ok with the amount of time it took the other to do anything, it's been several months since I sent the original money orders and a couple weeks since I returned the alternator (I can look back at logs for accurate times if you want, though I'm not sure why you'd want to know).

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
This transaction was positive for me otherwise also. However, the altenator i sent him was spotless with rebuilt stickers on it, along with markings placed by me to identify my used products in the case of returns (i got the idea from Ron at MU, as thats what he does with his clips). the altenator he returned MONTHS after he received it, is not the one that i sent him. i offered to send it back to him, as i dont want or need it. i am not in the business of EXCHANGING altenators. i dont even sell them that often... its the only one ive sold in the last 6 months, so i am not mistaken. i told you i can send your altenator back to you, and didnt even ask for you to pay for shipping. that way you arent out anything. i am not going to be out 100 dollars AND an altenator.

i can post our IM conversations if needed. he is right, i told him he could send it back even though it was months since he got it, because i knew what i sent him was good and i could resell it. i only have a problem with the timeline now that its not the same unit. and i told you also, if you send me back the ONE i sent you, ill still refund your money.

thanks.

·
Banned
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spotless? No. Not like a factory fresh unit.

Pretty clean? Yes. Nothing to scoff at. I have a picture of it with my other parts if need be showing that it is not spotless and showing the sticker you talked about. I'm certain the sticker was either on the unit or in the box it was shipped it. I made a point to keep it until I shipped the unit back to you. I guess there is the possibility that the sticker is not with it though.

Since niether of us disagree with what the other said I don't think it's nessesary to post logs.

So what you're saying is the only alternator you've sold in the last 6 months, the only alternator I've ever had, period, is not the one that I sent you. This cannot be, and isn't.

Is there any way that this can be resolved? (Please don't tell me to send the correct alternator, you already have it)

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Most places have a no-return policy on electrical items unless the item is defective. On an item like this, especially after six months have gone by, I think it extremely amazing that Dave was even willing to consider a return. If he has good reasons to suspect that the unit is not the one shipped or that it was installed, used, scratched, damaged or tampered with in any way, I see no reason why you would have any right to call him unethical for it. It's your word against his and you got the part that you paid for.

I would drop the matter, take the alternator that you bought back and recoup the money by selling it to someone else if it is indeed a good part. I'm not trying to be harsh or unfair here, but from an outside perspective the only proof of any wrongdoing I have seen here so far is that someone who has no history of anything but fair business practices has been unjustly branded unethical. A better approach would have been to just present the facts without crossing the line into public defamation of someone's character.

·
Banned
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since he didn't say I couldn't return it I don't see where the amount of time makes any diffrence.

It is correct that I got the part that I paid for and that's irrelevant since I am not complaining about what was shipped to me. Also, I know he has a great reputation which is why I never thought I would have an issue. It is indeed my word against his and I am aware that his has quite alot standing behind it while mine has almost zero, but I refuse to drop it.

Dave, you know how to get ahold of me. On board, off board, it makes no diffrence. I'd like to work it out.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,741 Posts
It sounds like the only way this going to be 'worked out' is for Dave to ship you back the alternator and you both walk away from the deal. Anything other than that is just going to lead to pages and pages of 'he said, she said' with no forward movement.

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
Thank you rickyb and david for your posts. I DO have a no return policy, but made an exception and now wish i hadnt, and will not make exceptions in the future. the markings are more there if a motor/unit is bad, so i know im not getting something else back. i knew the unit was good, but im glad i still placed the markings there. again, he did not claim the unit i sent was bad, he told me he just decided he wasnt going to bother and keep the one he had in there. so i did tell him he could return it, about a month after he received it... but he didnt actually do so until a month later, now 2 months after he first received it.

i did not have a problem with the timeline at all until i got a different unit back, as it seems fishier on your end. i am accusing you of this, but i did not make it public. yes i am pissed, but i didnt take it to the board... and im really stunned you did, as its making you look just as bad as you are trying to make me. if anyone is unethical, it is you.

i guess im not getting the original unit back as that would admit guilt... so i will send you your unit back. that way i am not out the money AND the UNIT and neither will you be. you will have the unit and you can sell it to someone else. i dont have a way of testing it... so if its good, you can sell it for $100 very easily. im not making it my problem, especially the way you chose to take this.

ill return it to the retun address on the package. please dont call me for any other parts. have a good day.

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
cant edit.. so i have to post again... meant to say...

no there was no sticker in the box... and im more concerned about the markings not being on the unit. i can tell even just by looking at it its not the same one.

but also what i wanted to say... what do i have to gain from going through all this? if i didnt want to refund you, i would have told you i have a no return policy, which i do... but i can resell it easily and was trying to do you a favor. this is what i get in return. another unit and badmouthed on the mr2 board. i hope everyone that reads the title of this thread in the buyer/seller forum actually clicks and reads through it or im still affected. i wasnt causing you any problems with any of this, i was trying to help you out. i have nothing to gain and $100 and an altenator to lose.

im done with this thread. thank you.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'm sorry MR.2000GT but you didn't give him much choice but to start this thread by blocking him on the instant messager and not returning his phone calls. From one business owner to another you kind of brought this on yourself... unless he was being totally obscene and out of line on AIM and the phone.

I've met Epic Gamer in person and he's a stand up guy. In his defense, I can't see him trying to pull something like this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.