MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
9,799 Posts
Faust & Furious said:
Hey keep us posted, I am really interested in how you did it and how they came out.

I'm working on them. I'm finally getting closer to finishing them. I got one light mounted good, just have to drill a pinhole in the metal housing to hold a spring in place that helps to hold the top of the light nice and tight to the metal housing. Then, I have to make that same mod to the other light.

Then, I'll install the tamdinh rods, and adjust them until I get the angle, and height right. After that I'll wire up the HID lights, and test.

·
Registered
228 Posts
tksmr2 said:
I'm working on them. I'm finally getting closer to finishing them. I got one light mounted good, just have to drill a pinhole in the metal housing to hold a spring in place that helps to hold the top of the light nice and tight to the metal housing. Then, I have to make that same mod to the other light.

Then, I'll install the tamdinh rods, and adjust them until I get the angle, and height right. After that I'll wire up the HID lights, and test.

Yeah I can't wait to see it all complete. I am almost tempted to see if my friend Richard from protocast.co.uk is willing to take up making some custom headlights since ol 4beams guy isn't doing it.

Or if the Raybrig fogs would even suffice for a proper set of headlights... I really wish I knew the answer to that one. Then you can drive with sleepy eyes..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
alright people ive got a small project in my head. i want one halo headlight, like the ones norcalmr2.com has, and one Revision 6 low-rise headlight. Would anyone have an extra rev6 headlight or know where i could get one?

·
Registered
612 Posts
That looks really good. Did you make your own rev 6 replica? I'm interested in something like this. Can you post a link to a writeup?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there sorry i didnt notice a reply

the headlight units are from a ford puma, not sure if you have that model in the USA

its very much a file a bit here push it in there :eek: ooops

i will try to get some photos together and post up, I am on the UK site IMOC as wilkie senior, and the MR2OC uk as Brian JW

i am on FB https://www.facebook.com/brian.wilkinson.77398

i usually post a few things up on there

i am looking at making a perspex cover in front of the headlights to keep out the rain, rain rain, whats that you will be saying :) i try not to take her out in the rain, but i think i can make it work. i am intending to make the front cover with some curves rather than just flat.

something along these lines, this is the first try, too thick perspex but, youll get the idea

any thanks for the reply i will do my best as soon as

Cheers sir

regards Brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bump for mounting ideas...the stock headlights feel huge and this seems like it could be super cheap w/ some nice LED assemblies.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts