MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah seriously, those I think look really good. I'd rock em. Pop-ups arent bad when they are low rise, the MR2 is so clean when the lights are down. I look forward to what you guys fabricate in the future...you never know, could even turn into a group buy one day. I do appreciate you outcasts on here though lol, your own style makes you unique and given lots of respect, I know I respect it. :thumbup I dont know anything about fabrication and electrical wiring. Im new and it took me like an hour and a half to put my stock headlights together the first time I did it. I depend on you guys :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did I miss it, or was there not a single AW11 in those pics?
I've been thinking of doing something new, but haven't decided what...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i like your idea Los, just looks like you glued cardboard on top... looks like you car has bushy eyebrows that need trimming.

and those LEOs in Cali must love your car

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Snuggle Bunny said:
i like your idea Los, just looks like you glued cardboard on top... looks like you car has bushy eyebrows that need trimming.

and those LEOs in Cali must love your car
Lol I love bushy. LEOs what's that? So you think it would look good with a white hood?

·
Registered
361 Posts
White hood looks alot better. In the beginning I didn't like it too much, then after a while I was unsure, but now its finished I kinda like it, I would even like to see those eyebrows molded in with the hood, but either way its unique. :thumbup

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
All white would look pretty sick Los. Even with the cf hood :thumbup

I really want to do the 4beams setup. I need to find a good write up...

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
MR2 Josh said:
How much would you guys pay for these exact lights if they were for sale? I always see people craving these lights.

$400 would be a great price

·
Registered
472 Posts
bump from the dead, 400-600 for beast style lights wouldnt be bad at all, the lights on that car are part of what made it what it was.

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Faust & Furious said:
Anyone know where to buy the 4beams setup? Also, any idea what bulb size it uses?

You can't buy them anymore. The guy (Matthias) from overseas will not sell them anymore. He has the molds, but does not want to put in the time/effort to sell them again.

I would imagine just H4 bulbs.

Your best bet is to use Hella 550s' or headlight that same size, Probe, or Camaro lights, and make your own fibreglass shroud if you want the finished look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah but I am not a custom headlight guy or custom body guy. I appreciate the help, but I need more direct information than vague answers. Tksmr2, thanks for that bit of help. I really just wish I knew how to go about the housing. Also, I was considering using the Raybrig fogs for headlights, which I am sure might use H3/h4 bulbs... Just wish I knew if the would provide sufficient light to drive at night or not. That's really what my main concern is.

The ones in the pic that Con10der put up look to me like normal headlights but just sleepy eyed... Unless maybe I am just not seeing them right. Ugh, I wish I knew what to do... I wanted 4beams and I guess I can buy the Rev6 for my other MR2 through 2sRUs.

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Faust & Furious said:
Yeah but I am not a custom headlight guy or custom body guy. I appreciate the help, but I need more direct information than vague answers. Tksmr2, thanks for that bit of help. I really just wish I knew how to go about the housing. Also, I was considering using the Raybrig fogs for headlights, which I am sure might use H3/h4 bulbs... Just wish I knew if the would provide sufficient light to drive at night or not. That's really what my main concern is.

The ones in the pic that Con10der put up look to me like normal headlights but just sleepy eyed... Unless maybe I am just not seeing them right. Ugh, I wish I knew what to do... I wanted 4beams and I guess I can buy the Rev6 for my other MR2 through 2sRUs.

No problem.. this is the closest you are going to get to the 4beams look now.

Of course, if you want the entire look, you would have to make your own shroud, which for some people isn't hard, for some others it is hard. But, the stock surround does not really look that bad IMO with the Hella 550's if done right like the red MR2 in this thread.

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=386398

Now, you can install H4's or even HID H4's in them by just drilling a hole in the back cover to accept the different bulbs.

I'm going to start working on my Friday. Hella 550s with HID H4 slider bulbs and H3 HID bulbs for the fog lights, along with the fog light mod to make them independant of the headlights.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey keep us posted, I am really interested in how you did it and how they came out.

tksmr2 said:
No problem.. this is the closest you are going to get to the 4beams look now.

Of course, if you want the entire look, you would have to make your own shroud, which for some people isn't hard, for some others it is hard. But, the stock surround does not really look that bad IMO with the Hella 550's if done right like the red MR2 in this thread.

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=386398

Now, you can install H4's or even HID H4's in them by just drilling a hole in the back cover to accept the different bulbs.

I'm going to start working on my Friday. Hella 550s with HID H4 slider bulbs and H3 HID bulbs for the fog lights, along with the fog light mod to make them independant of the headlights.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts