MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have custom fit seat covers in their SW20? I've been searching for pictures but only came across one of a pretty poor fitting leather cover.

If anybody has custom covers, could you please post a couple pics?

My 91 has decent seats for a 25 year old car about to roll over 200k, but they're blue (rest is black, did the base seats all come in blue?), don't really match, and have obvious wear when you look at them for a couple minutes. I'd also prefer something a bit less "plush" than the 90s velour hug.

I've found CalTrend and Coverking as options, if there are any others I should check out let me know.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have for sale some GT Covers custom fit [slip-on] seat covers. These came with the car I purchased a few months ago. They are such a good fit that initially I did not even realize they were removable covers. They are in very good to excellent condition with no damage or excessive wear. They could use a dry cleaning or hand-washing to freshen up. They are a neutral gray color. $50 for the pair delivered in US.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
It sounds like someone replaced the seats if you've got blue ones and the rest of the interior is black/grey. You should have black/grey.

I just bought some replacement covers from these guys: Toyota MR2 1990-1999 SW20 Genuine Leather Seat cover Black or Tan more color | eBay

But I optioned perforated suede (alcantara/ultrasuede) with red stitching only on the sides and headrest. That ran me $350+shipping instead of the $200 for full leather. It'll take a month or more for the order to be filled but I'll post up a full thread on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder if stock black seats can also start to look blue over time, due to sun fading? I am fairly certain my black '93T has the original seats, but they look more bluish than pure black. Not "really blue" like the seats in the couple of white and AMP cars I've seen, but not as black as I'd like. In any case, I'll be watching for your thread on those leather covers with great interest.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Leather & perforated suede/"alcantara" covers delivered. Very happy with the construction but VERY unhappy that when I asked for "red double stitching" they used metallic red stitching. Which I absolutely abhor. Emailed the seller and no reply back so it looks like my choices are keep and install and live with the disco threads or sell these to someone who isn't an anal retentive, "not what I wanted so it has to go" owner and then buy another set from the seller stipulating FLAT red stitching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts