1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PART 2 Continued

P1
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=428110

I Took a few friends words to heart and really started thinking about how I want this car to end up being. If you don't know I went all out, on the motor, well as much as I could. And I was looking at this saying hell, I have changed the body a few times, lets just finish her off once all out.

so here are a few things I adding to the list.... Pics coming soon

Shipment from the UK on its way!

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Package came in next day shipped :) love our UK friends!

good by Lowrise headlights

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh man if they are the same lights as these than your car is going turn out amazing....

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I think they are the same? not 100% sure. Damm I remember that car, its bad ass what ever happend to it? did it get finished?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics

put the headlights ontop to take a look at how it will be.

Removed the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
measured out the cuts... hear we go again.

I had to trim up a few things, like the rear firewall had to be bounded back to fit the lens, the bumper brackets had to be trimmed etc.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
test fitting, I need to have my body guy make brackets, since he is a better welder then myself. but this is how it stand so far.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I still need to cut the hood, and re-fiberglass it over the headlights so its molded.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a little update spent a few hours in the bodyshop today. I cut the hood and re adjusted it. Put the second bomex mirror on, and adjusted the headlights, trying to get the correct beam height etc.

here is where it stands.

The extra bit of CF i cut from the hood might make a cool canard lol

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Both side cut, now I got to fiberglass the hood over the lense... uhh more work.

i still need to make brackets to hold the lights in place, and finish off the fiberglass work, then finish, the rest uhh it never ends.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
It may be the camera angle, but it looks as if the passenger side light is angled more than the driver's side. Also if possible, I think they would look cleaner if the headlight line is parallel to the hood vent line. The owner of the two in post #4 did a good job of that during his build.

I have to admit, I was skeptical about the whole build at first. But man, it's lookin good man. Good job thus far. :thumbup

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might try to straiten it out a little, but the angel its at now provides the best light output, as the lights them self are angled slightly. ya if you look at post6 in this thread you can see a slight angle too http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=378598&page=1

thanks for the imput, I will see if I can adjust the angle of the projectors to allow for it to be a little more strait.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
damn, how can I missed this thread for so long.....

I just spent a good 20 mins going through the post, in which I suppose to go ship out some TRD wheels, lol

Good job Ian, this monster is such a inspiration if I ever got the time/money for another project. I have something very unique in store for you, will let you know the details once I get it statred, it will add a very nice touch to your ride :)

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i adjusted the headlights and straitened them out a bit, I will need to adjust the beam from the inside with the motor.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also started making a trim piece and looking into how I will mold the hood eye lid....

we used a kitty hair mixture, I have never seen before some 3m stuff... but its strong and flexible.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The cool thing is that is fits so tight it just pops in like a trim piece, but we will be making a braket for it anyway.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The bottom edge of the trim will be molded to the bumper so it will cover the light too, and make it sit flush.

Couple side shots of the sideskirts getting set up so its widened. still got some work to do there.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts