MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going back and forth on my custom catback I'm working on. I have an aussie 3" dp and bpipe, with a greddy sp muffler. Well the sp and stock cat are choking me up.

I did think I was going to go with a Nur-spec tip and have a local shop do up a short run from the bpipe out. But really why should I spend 230$ just for the blitz tip?

I saw magnaflow has some nice offerings as well:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp?zone=main&id=391

What is the difference between:
singlewall, doublewall, single wall domed, double wall domed?

Which of these do you think will give the deepest sound with best flow...
I'm going for a short path out the passengers side off the bpipe.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
i cant tell you which one i have, but i have a magnaflow on my car, ask mister3, maybe he can tell you what kind i have haha
BUT ANYWAY
I have it and I love it, fairly quiet when im just going around town and what not, but when you get on the throttle and go WOT it screams. its great, i love it

garrett

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a stainless 3" inlet oval design, or the completely round style 2.5?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've got a center exit exhaust. 3" in w/ dual 2.5" outs. Sounds awesome. Not too loud for me. Not harsh at all. Very smooth and deep.

Steve

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Singlewall are like the stock tips, and if they are stainless, they will turn gold when heat cycled. The gold discoloration is not permanent, it can be polished off with any metal polish. Double walled tips are just that. There are two walls, and the interior wall (that you can't see) turns gold, while the outer one stays shiny and silver.

HTH,

Ken

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
steve91t said:
I've got a center exit exhaust. 3" in w/ dual 2.5" outs. Sounds awesome. Not too loud for me. Not harsh at all. Very smooth and deep.

Steve
can you post or link a picture up?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KBlake said:
Singlewall are like the stock tips, and if they are stainless, they will turn gold when heat cycled. The gold discoloration is not permanent, it can be polished off with any metal polish. Double walled tips are just that. There are two walls, and the interior wall (that you can't see) turns gold, while the outer one stays shiny and silver.

HTH,

Ken
thanks ken!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xxxboosted2xxx said:
i have 3" inlet, oval muffler, exiting on passenger side (less piping, exits quicker)

garrett
do you have a pic ? want to see what the oval looks like, thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts