MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1991 mr2 turbo
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the current usernames for scammers on this site. Do not deal with any of them.
gst6
jj8422386
gen8
alln11
williemborges
mackdave197
dannorris1690
lucianagreat16
jameberry64
christhomas78

I am sure there are many more but these are the ones responding to my wtb posts in a very suspiscious manner. This site seems to be infected with vermin.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,111 Posts
I'm trying my best to keep the garbage out of this forum. Anyone who sees something that doesn't look right report it and I'll see it much faster if I haven't caught it already.

·
Registered
1991 mr2 turbo
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IF you’re getting a message to “email a friend” it’s a fraud. Just ignore it.
And do not deal with anyone using the number 234-249-5764. This number has been used on numerous forums to scam selling parts.

·
Registered
904 Posts
If the member has just joined MR2OC like a couple of days ago and his friend has the parts you want. Watch out!

·
Registered
59 Posts
MichealBennet is another one phone # is 1-470-253-9044 he sent me pics of parts and then I found them on the net sold out

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,111 Posts
I just banned michaelbennett902 and Dody02 has been banned previously. Thank you all for helping me find and remove these scam accounts.

·
Registered
904 Posts
You banned one screen name they register for a new one. Buyers should check for how long ago the screen name was registered. AND insist on PayPal “Good and Service”. Also, if they want you to contact them via a friend’s email, RED ALERT! They also use google voice mobile numbers and fake addresses. PLEASE do your research before buying. Yes, I know parts are scarce now a day and you’re excited to find one for cheap too. Again, only use PayPal Good and service”. Unless you meet face to face and pay cash.

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,111 Posts
you can add carolelucas5180 to the lit of scammers.

regards,

Bill
I just banned that account. If you see a scam account send it to me I'll take care of it quickly and hopefully match more accounts that share the IP address.

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,111 Posts
I've just been using the 'report' feature. Hopefully that's enough.
Yes that's all you have to do each time I sign on I immediately see the reports then I quickly ban them. I wish the admin would setup an account approval process rather than let everything in unless their IP or email matches a banned account. Scammers can change their IP and make as many email addresses as they want just as easily as they make a new account just as soon as I ban the old one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It's an option within "conversations"/PMs on the bottom-right of each message. These scammers tend to PM you every time you post a WTB ad, so that's where I report them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts