MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
It's a small turbo that just runs out of breath at higher rpms. Most seem to feel 15-17 psi is all you should ask from it. If you need more power than what 15 psi or so will give you...then you need a larger turbo, or you'll fry the CT26...and then need a new turbo. Don't forget to upgrade the intercooler to handle the extra heat the turbo adds to the air charge at these higher boost levels.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I could get around 22 psi but you wont make much power as the turbo is to restrictive to keep 22psi in the upper RPMs. also at 22 psi its like holding a blow tourch to the intake.. i.e hot air (unsafe).

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lmackattack said:
I could get around 22 psi but you wont make much power as the turbo is to restrictive to keep 22psi in the upper RPMs. also at 22 psi its like holding a blow tourch to the intake.. i.e hot air (unsafe).

^^^Good one! :thumbup

The ct26 is good for around 16 psi max. It is to restrictive to flow into the upper rpm range. Also they have creep and spike issues when trying to push high boost levels. For a few more hp it truly isn't worth hammering your pistons out of the block because they seized up! :flush

Use the search feature. There has to be 20 threads about this.

Brian

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used to run 15 psi on my ct26. The boost would not fall off using my blitz sbc-id boost controller. Everyone alway says boost will fall off towards redline but mine did not, although I rarely took it that high as you could definitely feel a power drop off in those higher rpms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.