MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story: I friend of mine bought an MR2 turbo car and was told that it came with a stage 3 HKS turbo. I looked on the side only to realize that it says CT26. I know that CT26's come stock on an MR2, so what I am wondering is if my friend got ripped off or not.

Obviously this turbo is red, unlike the stock one, but I didn't know if someone could easily just paint a turbo or not. Heres the pics, let me know what you guys think as far as anything that could be used to describe this turbo.

Thanks a lot guys, and I apologize for the oversized pics.

P.S. is there any way to remove the turbo from the exhaust housing (or whatever is attacthed in the pics?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
whoever sold it to you lied, all they did was rebuild it and upgraded the compressor wheel and possibly clipped but there's no pics of that side.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I pull these two peices apart to make it lighter to ship?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Woah, you got the "Angry" CT26. It's flustered and vents it's frustration on the poor turbine, making faster spool up and top-end power.

Really, your friend got jacked. It's a shoddy paint job to boot. This turbo is nothing more than a compressor upgraded CT26. Maybe good for 230 whp if you're really, really lucky, and that's at really high boost levels. Send it to ATS Racing and get the exhaust side upgraded for a mere $350, and you'll have a true 300 whp capable turbo with faster than stock spool.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
LowLife said:
he also paint it to add another 10 hp.. :thumbup
Any dyno results to back that statement up? :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts