MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my ct20b installed today and the car isnt running right. im wondering if the mechanic didnt hook up my avcr correctly. it reads vacume and is idleing rough.. at times it actually will stall.. but when driving you can hear the thing spool like crasy, but when it hits positive pressure it will get to about .3 bar then it hesitates real bad.. what can the problem be?? bad hook up on the avcr?? it ran fine before it went in, no ____... please any advice would be appreciated.. anyone have the diagram to hook the avcr up correctly?

thanks

ryan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ryan,

Did you touch the timing? This sounds like a classic timing issue. Did he replace the belt or move cam gears? If so, did he use the jumper wire to set base timing? Also, did you check for engine codes? There is a proceedure in the factory manual. Make sure you timing is dead on, 10d BTDC.

Justin

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all they did was switch the turbo.. nuthing with the timming.. and there are no engine codes..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quickblue2 if they follwed instructions why would they touch that? if the tires spin it gets boost... under load no boost.. btw its snowing right now

daddylonglegs they did replace an intercooler silicone hose.. would this cause i big problem? still reads -3** mm/hg at idle.. idels rough and continues to stall..

the avcr is connected properly though

ryan

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
afm is a possibility since you have to take off the intake in order to install it, the mechanic might have UNSCREWED it instead of pulling the pins on the side, that will fubar the afm.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the turbo sounds in great shpe, but its running like crap.. im going back tomorrow.. i think its a loose ic clamp.. sounds like the right symptoms

ryan

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was an intake leak.. pulls extremly hard at 14lbs, but im still getting oil out my bov.. anyone know what catch can to get? im about to run a hose to the ground.. please help..

ryan

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
if you're blowing oil out of your bov then that means your turbo seals are bad, in that case a catch can won't help you.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
hiboost2 said:
still reads -3** mm/hg at idle.. idels rough and continues to stall..

the avcr is connected properly though

ryan

for future reference, you generally want ur VAC to be around 19-24mm/hg at idle.

mark

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if my turbo seals are bad im going to burn my car!!! i just took off a rebuilt ct26 with less than 5000 miles on it.. i had major oil consumption during positive boost runs. i just bought a ct20b from hauk, (2nd one due to ceramic failure) and if im seing the exact same issues im thinking its a different problem.. third gear 14lbs lots of exhaust smoke and oil blown out the bov.. anyone have a better way of figuring my problem out? if its rings and i route it not back to the intake, and dont get exhaust smoke or bov oil then i need rings right? and the turbo is fine correct?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
from what i read im prolly getting blow by.. hopefully i havent ruined my new ct20b yet.. ive only done about 3 14lb pulls.. i thought that if you had sufficient blow by that oil would actually come out the pvc tube off your valve cover and recircutate back into the comp housing into the motor.. is it easy to unseat a turbo oil gasket? are they easy to replace? can ct20b's be rebuilt? is it likelyu my old turbo needs a rebuild? what will need to be replaced?

ryan

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I idle at about 20 in-Hg or 508 mm-Hg, if I converted right. 300 mm-Hg equals about 11.8 in-Hg.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts