MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, i recently installed my ct20b turbo after i blew my ct26. after i replaced all the gaskets and finally got everything back up and running, im sadly disappointed. i was expecting it to spool hard after riding in a friend's 3rd gen. but for some reason im barely boosting. at WOT i hit 5psi around 4500rpm or so and stay at 5psi. my blow off valve still goes off but very lightly. i think it might be a bent waste gate actuator rod, but any help would be appreciated, thanks!

bolt on mods:

ct20b
3" downpipe
intake
exhaust

·
Registered
565 Posts
similar thing happened to me when i installed my ct20b. it would hit full boost at 5000+rpm.
turned out that the actuator arm was lose.

you could use a couple of washers on the turbo compressor housing where the actuator bracket sits. that will help in tightening the actuator arm keeping the W.G shut nicely. try that and see if it helps.

otherwise it could be a few other things such as a boost leak at the IC hoses etc..

·
Registered
201 Posts
same, mine was so loose it was making horrible metal clacking noises against the turbine side... all fine and dandy now

seanix said:
similar thing happened to me when i installed my ct20b. it would hit full boost at 5000+rpm.
turned out that the actuator arm was lose.

you could use a couple of washers on the turbo compressor housing where the actuator bracket sits. that will help in tightening the actuator arm keeping the W.G shut nicely. try that and see if it helps.

otherwise it could be a few other things such as a boost leak at the IC hoses etc..

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys.

actuator arm... is it that little stick behind the actuator and on the side of the turbo? or is it the bracket that holds the actuator onto the turbo?

anyways, anyone else with similiar problems that can help me out?!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked it and tightened it a little more and now its pretty solid in place but still didnt fixed the problem. any other possibility? or do i just have a bad 20b?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts