1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
It's funny I've been looking into as well. I can't find anything and I think it's because the vendors want to control the market on these turbos.

I'm very tempted to buy a 1jz ct15b turbine to use with a ct20b bearing housing and billet compressor wheel to make what I think is the "billet ct15b."

·
Registered
174 Posts
I rebuilt my CT20b myself. I used a Melette bearing kit (Precision Engineered Turbochargers & Turbo Parts - Welcome to Melett) and a performance version of the Mamba Billet compressor wheel mated to a kinugawa steel turbine wheel. Runs beautifully and don't notice any difference with regards to spool compared to the OEM compressor and ceramic turbine. Well worth doing for the reliability factor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[QUOTE="> P E T E URL]) and a performance version of the Mamba Billet compressor wheel mated to a kinugawa steel turbine wheel. Runs beautifully and don't notice any difference with regards to spool compared to the OEM compressor and ceramic turbine. Well worth doing for the reliability factor.[/QUOTE]This may be a stupid question, are the CT15b and CT20b rebuild kits interchangeable?

17201-74091 returns results for the CT15b and the CT20b.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts