MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
we have been working on this for a little bit and have come up with a really nice CT20b upgrade.

currently available:

CT20b STAGE 1 : stock size billet wheel, inconel turbine wheel, upgraded seals and berings, massaged exhaust housing.

the stage1 upgrade will be good for 25-50+whp over what a normal ct20b is capable of.

**billet compressor wheel is lighter and has a much smaller center hub which makes the blades longer within the same space the stock wheel uses so catches and pushes more air. the stock ct20b has been pushed hard to 350+whp and i see no reason at all that the billet wheel won't allow for 400whp or more. the compressor wheel itself should be capable of 400-450whp

**inconel turbine wheel MUCH better than the stock ceramic turbine wheel. will take much more abuse and higher boost levels without issue. no more spitting the wheels out!

**upgraded seals and bearings great for prolonged high boost use (E85 FTW!)

**massaged turbine housing helps the most restricted portion of the turbo flow better. yes the ct20b exhaust housing/turbine wheel flows better than a CT26 but with improved compressor wheel flow the exhaust needs to be matched accordingly. stock configuration good for 350whp pushed hard and modified will yield 50+whp additional headroom.

PRICE: $950 shipped + core charge (varies according to core cost i pay. can be anywhere from $175 to $500)

** as a purchaser you need to send in the core to be rebuilt and core must be rebuildable. do not sent the oil feed and return lines with the turbo. do not send the turbo support bracket in with the turbo.

** when installing NO SILICONE is to be used during the install process. we will provide a new oil feed/return flange gasket @ turbo CHRA. if you choose to use silicone anywhere except water ports on the turbo warranty will be VOID.

**we HIGHLY recommend PROFESSIONAL installation.

** 1 year warranty from time of purchase ** restrictions do apply**

email me [email protected]

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Dyno :)

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should have one in next week we can do a dyno comparison with (finally!). have been selling them quicker than anything and haven't had a spare for me :(

wanted to wait to dyno until we had the turbo handy to change in and out quickly so conditions would be as similar as possible.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
COOL! I'd like to see this tested back to back against a good condition ct20b.
it will be for sure. i really want to make this as fair as possible of a comparison. car we are using is a gen4 swapped MK2 with ct20b already on it and going strong. going to change the spark plugs and dyno it then swap turbos and get it back to the dyno in same day or possibly same time the following day so that conditions are hopefully as similar as possible.

current ct20b has boost creep issues and will hit fuel cut before redline. hoping the stage1 CT20b upgrade will hold boost better along with making more power.

·
Registered
973 Posts
So, I'm at 285 whp and 280 wtq at ~17psi on my Gen3 with basic upgrades (ebc, dp, cat-back, intake) and w/a injection. With this upgraded CT20b (CT21?), I could probably break 300 or so whp, with relative safety? That would be pretty awesome...
What would be the turnaround time on this? Someone sends in their core CT20b, how long before the upgraded one gets back to the customer?

Hmm...may have to see if I can get someone to take my Accel DFI Ver 7 standalone ecu off my hands to help fund this...:)

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I'm at 285 whp and 280 wtq at ~17psi on my Gen3 with basic upgrades (ebc, dp, cat-back, intake) and w/a injection. With this upgraded CT20b (CT21?), I could probably break 300 or so whp, with relative safety? That would be pretty awesome...
What would be the turnaround time on this? Someone sends in their core CT20b, how long before the upgraded one gets back to the customer?

Hmm...may have to see if I can get someone to take my Accel DFI Ver 7 standalone ecu off my hands to help fund this...:)
Right now turn around time takes 2 days. Depending on transit time from the time you ship to the time you receive would be 1 to 2 week at most.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I am intriged - however I'd like a dyno or two at different boost levels (15,17,etc) to see how it compares.

I may or may not forgo the GT28RS I have waiting for this.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am intriged - however I'd like a dyno or two at different boost levels (15,17,etc) to see how it compares.

I may or may not forgo the GT28RS I have waiting for this.
plans are to set the boost to 15-17 and dyno it them remove restrictor in exhaust. stock ct20 will creep to fuel cut with silencer out and want to see if the massaged housing will hold boost better.

since the test mule is a gen4 boost over 18psi won't be done

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
plans are to set the boost to 15-17 and dyno it them remove restrictor in exhaust. stock ct20 will creep to fuel cut with silencer out and want to see if the massaged housing will hold boost better.

since the test mule is a gen4 boost over 18psi won't be done
I do hope to see a dyno very soon. I can be a buyer if the results look good ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Just wanna check for the future, its pretty much a slap on upgrade that doesn't require any tuning (well if I was higher boost or E85 of course yeah) or higher than stock injectors?

Would love to be able to make more power while still boosting at the same level and with the same 91 octane piss juice that's available. Staying mostly OEM is a big plus for me also just for looks and feels.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just wanna check for the future, its pretty much a slap on upgrade that doesn't require any tuning (well if I was higher boost or E85 of course yeah) or higher than stock injectors?
yes slap it on and go. is just a internally upgraded CT20b

Would love to be able to make more power while still boosting at the same level and with the same 91 octane piss juice that's available. Staying mostly OEM is a big plus for me also just for looks and feels.
will make more power since you will have lower IAT at same boost level + more volume of air

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I might be the odd mad out but but I'd like to see if this could continue to pull at 20+psi. Guess theres no dudes down that way with a SA hooked up to go beyond the norm is there?

1 - 20 of 202 Posts