MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
have been working on this project for a while and have found what we feel is the best CT15 upgrade available. this turbo can make 350+whp if pushed hard enough but in general use will vastly improve your gen4 performance without sacrificing spool.

**billet compressor wheel! is much larger than the stock CT15 wheel and pushes ALOT more air. this is the same compressor wheel we use in the stage1 CT20b upgrades

** upgraded seals and bearings. great for high boost use!

**massaged turbine housing -- needed for the increased airflow of the billet compressor wheel

PRICE: $850 shipped + core charge (varies according to core cost i pay. can be anywhere from $175 and up)

-- UPGRADED billet wastegate actuator is available for $135. this is excellent for high boost applications. can choose your wastegate spring PSI rating (we recommend 14psi)

** as a purchaser you need to send in the core to be rebuilt and core must be rebuildable. do not sent the oil feed and return lines with the turbo. do not send the turbo support bracket in with the turbo.

** when installing NO SILICONE is to be used during the install process. we will provide a new oil feed/return flange gasket @ turbo CHRA. if you choose to use silicone anywhere except water ports on the turbo warranty will be VOID.

**we HIGHLY recommend PROFESSIONAL installation.

** 1 year warranty from time of purchase ** restrictions do apply**

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have a gen4 here to dyno it on but need to get a downpipe before we can do it...... either that or mod the OEM cat :(

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Not asking you to give up any trade secrets, but I'm surprised to see you're able to do any work to the turbine housing. PT told me they couldn't do any kind of porting due to the integrated manifold.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What can is use to discern if my turbo is rebuildable or not? I got a spare ct15 that I was told was blown ( I hoped to do the sweet 16 upgrade), but this seems like a GREAT option in comparison.

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
I'd like to see a dyno of this turbo and some pictures. Btw, We have downpipes for the ct15 gen4 turbos. Check out our website to buy one.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not asking you to give up any trade secrets, but I'm surprised to see you're able to do any work to the turbine housing. PT told me they couldn't do any kind of porting due to the integrated manifold.
I dunno what to tell you on that then.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What can is use to discern if my turbo is rebuildable or not? I got a spare ct15 that I was told was blown ( I hoped to do the sweet 16 upgrade), but this seems like a GREAT option in comparison.
Send it in and we can tell you if it's rebuildable or not. No way to tell without digging into it

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to see a dyno of this turbo and some pictures. Btw, We have downpipes for the ct15 gen4 turbos. Check out our website to buy one.
If I buy a downpipe just for a dyno sheet id also raise the price of the upgrades. Ct15 isn't getting permanent mounted to the car only on and off for testing purposes only so can't see the spending of extra on it. Modded stock cat much less of a issue IMHO and same for same is the result im after not all out, balls to the wall, nearly unobtainable results.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's really close to what the ats upgrade is except different compressor wheel manufacturer and exhaust housing work.

Since im borrowing a car and dyno I wouldn't expect better #s just whatever realistic #s can be had from this modification.

·
Registered
156 Posts
How does the exhaust side design on the ct15 effect the performance compared to the ct20? In terms of benefits and downsides. I'm HOPEFULLY going to be running the 3" dp from TCS on my gen4 and keeping my ct15.

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How does the exhaust side design on the ct15 effect the performance compared to the ct20? In terms of benefits and downsides. I'm HOPEFULLY going to be running the 3" dp from TCS on my gen4 and keeping my ct15.
benefits are quick spool
downside is power falls off quicker and if pushed hard high backpressure

our modification helps with the backpressure and power falling off but not sure how much yet until we can do a comparison on the dyno

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
After asking for this very turbo how many years from you and you finally make it happen :p

What are the specs of the compressor wheel (like size)?

And is the upgraded turbine wheel changed at all? Or just a new version of the old wheel if someone's isn't in good condition?

·
Registered
20,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
48mm inducer comp wheel is memory serves correct

Yes turbine wheel is just stock replacement.... not upgraded

1 - 20 of 21 Posts