MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve just completed swapped 3SGTE into an NA. The other day, took a Sunday afternoon drive, I realize how much the cruise control is worth. My right foot was tired from stay on the gas pedal. Apparently the clutch cut off switch is missing from the NA wiring harness since it was an automatic transmission. Is there a way to trick the cruise control ECU? I’ve searched under the dash looking for the connector right above the clutch pedal area. I even removed the speedometer to see if is tucked away from the factory, no luck.
Any help is appropriated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The harness should be the same. Here's a link to the wiring diagrams if that helps

drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nQTmw6qDjBemFraTJldEZTaHM/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the wiring harness for the NA With Auto Tranny doesn’t have the plug for the Clutch pedal. The CC ECU for the Auto tranny has diff part number compared to the 5speed. The Auto tranny CC ECU has one pin missing which is a black wire that goes the Clutch pedal switch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a fuse or relay for the Cruise Control? I am not getting any power at the actuator? I got the cruise light in the dash.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I tried another set of harness from the passenger kick panel to the CC actuator still no continuity. I will check the speed sensor next.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
without the clutch switch, will the Cruise control works?
You have to make it think that the clutch is engaged. The switch is there so that the cruise controller will disengage when you put the clutch in. Of course, if you omit the switch, you will have to remember to cancel cruise before you change gears.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts