MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise contrtol jsut recently stopped working. The green 'Cruise' light comes on, but it wont lock onto a set speed. I checked the fuse boxes in the frunk, engine bay, and under the steering wheel and nothing seemd burned out. Where should I look next?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There's a diagnostic process in the BGB....my cruise was acting the same way when I first bought my car and I tried the "easy and cheap" fixes first (replaced a control cable, then tried a "new" - used - actuator) and still couldn't get it working...dealer ran the diagnostics, the culprit was "faulty speed sensor" (which is actually some kind of a plug-in wiring harness cable deal)...the only thing that looked visually wrong with the old one on the car is it looked, well, "swollen" compared to the new one...replaced it and the cruise has worked 100% since. As I recall the cruise speed sensor was not cheap - couple hundred bucks new from the stealership.

R

·
0 Posts
check the other obvious..vacuum tubing going to the CT unit, low brake fluid, or driving with the foot slightly on the clutch ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts