MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three years I now have my swap on the road and can confirm that the Cruise Control on the 5 Plug ECU works.

The ECU is a 89661-08270 Sienna ECU with the Frankenstein tune that says it's a Highlander.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The following inputs must be connected for the cruise control to work.

-The cruise control switch must be connected to ground and CCS. The resistors in the cruise control switch must swap against resistors with values shown in the circuit diagram.
-The input D has connectet to +12V.
-A brake light switch with opener and closer contact must be connected to STP and ST1-.
If the brake pedal is not actuated, + 12V is switched to ST1-. When the pedal is actuated, the + 12V is switched to STP

I have noticed that when cruise control is activated, the engine speed increases if the clutch pedal is pressed.
The 2GRFE ECU does not have an input for the clutch pedal, because the engine was only available with an automatic transmission.
My solution to the problem is that i use the clutch pedal switch from the MR2 to switch a 1540 ohm resistor parallel to the cruise control switch if the Clutch pedal is pressed.
This is the same resistance that the cancel switch switches to the CSS input.
This solution works well, when the clutch pedal is pressed, the cruise control switches off and the engine speed does not increases.

·
Premium Member
13,333 Posts
I have been meaning to wire my clutch switch like that as well. It's not hard to just tap the brakes or turn the cruise off before putting in the clutch, but every once in a while, ya forget. And then reminded very quickly as it bangs off the rev limiter.

I was under the impression that the 5-plug ECU for some reason didn't support cruise control, cool that you got it working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want the MR2 to work as if the engine was installed in the Toyota factory.

I discovered another problem. Sometimes when I give full throttle, the ECU reduces the power for 1-2 seconds to shift the "gearbox".
I also added S for manual shift to solve this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts