MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a donut flange/ball joint kinda thing installed. only way to get that short of a setup. i kinda hoped that the angle wasn't so hard but whatever works. it has a nice rumble to it.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I personally don't like cans like that or the angle it's at but, it's a strait shot, doesn't look heavy and it's a good size so it should work fine. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Well first off you can get a flex pipe in that short distance. I had one on my 85 out the middle so it was a tid bit shorter then that. I didn't run a cat just a flex then muffler it sounded nice i liked it personally. I am not a fan of the angled exhaust. I have never understood what the pupose of it is. It is nice and shiney !!!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Its not really my cup of tea. I don't think it flows with the look of the car. But.....................it is shiny. LOL.

~C.C.~

·
Registered
307 Posts
I plan on doing that basic set-up but insted of that donut/Ball thingy, i'm going to use a ae92 corolla y-pipe and flex pipe,because the flex pipe is closer to the y-pipe

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
why chris why?!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I like it! Nice exhaust!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
rino said:
why chris why?!
wasn't thinking when i bought it. im a fan of the angled exhausts i guess. It's just a temporary thing for now. it sounds nice though. it's too hard of a angle for my liking but it doesn't look too bad... i'll eventually get sick of it. we'll see though.

fogjammer said:
The proof of the puddin is in the eatin'......and how well it takes speed bumps.
it actually takes speed bumps and dips real well. i dont have to angle my entry lol. at least not for the exhaust to have extra clearance. gotta angle in cuz my damn car is low and the lip hits the ground.

heres a pic of the rest of the car if anyones interested.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the cat is about 2-3 inches from the boot. not sure if that's bad but we'll have to see... my exhaust had a huge leak in it and i just had the flex pipe replaced cuz my friend had a honda muffler to chop up. all n' all it's a decent setup. i plan on going 2.25" to a round magnaflow when I start to get funds again.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts