MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys it is DEAD in here! LOL

So who has what planned for this year once spring arrives? Assuming I am not selling my car for a SoCal move, this is a pretty "light" year for mods for me, but then I think I deserve that after the trials and tribulations of the past year anyway. A wideband gauge and possibly a custom red stitch job on my OEM steering wheel, new deck with iPOD control, and *maybe* the Rev6 lowrise kit are about all I might be up to...still gotta get my WI kit installed one of these summers too! LOL

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
ya..dust out the cobwebs...they gonna shut us down soon if we don't get some action up in here....lol....my plans this year is to drive the damn car...break in the new motor and finally feel what the t3/t4 is capable of....and hope nothing breaks...i still need to roll my fenders and possible get some coil-overs..but i'd rather not spend any more money on the car...i'd rather supe up my new place...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Seriously, this forum dies over the winter months. I'm not sure what I have in store for my car this summer. I was shopping for a clip over the winter but then dumped my swap money into the house. I definitely need new brakes (rotors, pads, calipers) all the way around, I was also thinking of picking up some Koni adjustables. On top of that, I hate my rims but I'm not sure if I'll get around to those. The brakes would definitely be my priority.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yea, our section on the OC is really dead. hahaha.

Presently, my car will be going in for repairs in a week or two. Should be done by the end of March at the lastest. Contemplating whether I want to sell it. Most likely I will but I'd like to enjoy it for a little while after all my repairs are done. I'll be putting new tires on the stock wheels... probably go to discount tire direct in Flint, MI, for that. Other than that, I'll be asking $18000 for my car in the spring time and mostly likely getting another MR2. One that I'll be building up from the ground up. So unfortunately, I might be without an MR2 this summer. I'm hoping my car will find a buyer quick so that I can source a non-turbo or something. I really hope this can all happen before Kingston as I don't want to miss out on the free track time.

Cheers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have great plans.. we will see how it goes.

Currently I have all new suspension and exhaust AND trim waiting to go on the car. I just need to pick up some struts. I also have an LED spoiler.. not sure if I will use it or not.

we will see how the money goes...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I figured I'd keep this thread going since there needs to be some activity in here. So, when do you think the snow will melt and the salt will clear? I can't wait to get my car outta storage. I have a single garage which I use for our other car during the winter so the MR2 goes into storage on a farm east of Ottawa.....so I haven't even seen the car since beginning of November. I can't wait to get it out! I figure the first weekend in April the car will be out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
snow should be gone by mid-July or so ...

putting in a deposit today to get an MR2 imported

w00t :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Nice

Yea hopefully I will be getting mine back for this spring and then enjoying ever freakin second i can!! have to break her in some how :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
cyclonecal said:
Chirp Chirp...
Cal, I caught a rare glimpse of an Alltrac this morning on my way to work. Lowered, body kit, blue, and a pretty loud BOV. A decent looking car but I think I prefer the stock bodied Alltrac better. I see another guy with a white 1991? alltrac in the meadowlands area from time to time but that's about it. Anyhow, thought I'd do my part to keep the crickets from chirping. ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi all, good to see everyone is still around, sorta, heh.
I don't have many plans for the car this summer, and as I will be spending lots of time hicking/camping I will likely keep the 2 parked for most of the summer.
The 2 doesn't really belong on dirt roads.
(coming from me, I know that sounds hipocritical, lol)
I know, I say this now, but come nice driving weather I'll probably change my mind, lol.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing you all and your cars in warmer weather.

Cheers, Cloud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts