MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesturday i found out that Most of the MR-S's (spyders) use the 4-wheel electornic steering system. Is this true? And (if n e one knows) what years did that system came on the SW20's?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
as far as I know, it never did.
I am pretty sure the MR-S doesnt have 4 wheel steering....it would be a huge suprise to me if it did.

T

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
absolutely false, the latest mr-s is rack and pinion with power assist, why in the world would an mr2 need 4-wheel steering? this isn't a 30ft long truck, the turn radius is pretty good as it is, and in my sdub i can u-turn in streets most cars cant. where did you "find" this false information?

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
The MRS does not have 4 wheel steering. But does have eletronic powersteering. So you are partially right. It is electronic but only the front wheels.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but my shop professor (currently working for toyota) said there r MR-S's and SW20's with the 4-wheel steerin system

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
MisteR2Turb0 said:
but my shop professor (currently working for toyota) said there r MR-S's and SW20's with the 4-wheel steerin system
Then he needs to show us the specs on some of these super secret MR2s cause no one is seen one of these.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
you sure he's talking about mr2's? are you paying attention in class? getting enough sleep? :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
lDeeZ lNuTz said:
absolutely false, the latest mr-s is rack and pinion with power assist, why in the world would an mr2 need 4-wheel steering? this isn't a 30ft long truck, the turn radius is pretty good as it is, and in my sdub i can u-turn in streets most cars cant. where did you "find" this false information?
well the prelude had 4WS up until the mid/early 90s. the 5th generation celica had 4WS in japan (dubbed the GT-R)

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
He might be talking about EBD, Electronic Brake distribution, Not sure if Toyota has used the system but Honda has(MRs owners might be able to verify), It helps control each wheels rotation speed using senors in the ABS. This system might be good, might be bad turning fast corners, Never took a honda out racing(never saw a point :smile: )
-Matt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts