MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Does anyone kno the part numbers for the crashbolts for the rear for camber adjustment? I've looked through the oem and trd part numbers sticky but cant find it? Any one kno? Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
I assume the same bolts in the front can be used for the rear.

From the AutoX FAQ:

Toyota Part Number Size (mm) Degrees of Change
Big size 90105-15004 13.9 +/- 0.25
Middle 90105-15005 13.3 +/-0.50
Small 90105-15006 12.8? +/-0.75

Nut: 90179-15001

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is the "big" size still smaller than the OEM? My front coilovers have some spindle-camber play, but I'd like to get bigger bolts to prevent that, since they have camber plates anyway.

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the OEM crash bolt ? That should tell us if they are the same.

John

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well I wouldn't call it an oem crash bolt because it doesn't exist! Its just a bolt. I couldn't locate the part number to the stock bolts as it wasn't in the MR2 parts number list but I do happen to have all four bolts in my possesion so I took a pic of them to show you:

The one without any dots is the stock bolt and the one with three dots is the smallest crash bolt. If I had a set of venier calipers I could also give you the diameter to the oem bolt but I can simply guarantee you that it isn't the same diameter as the one dot bolt.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh, its also recommened that you also replace the nuts. Given the high torque spec, the nuts and bolts do deform as their are tightened which compromises their holding ability. The nuts also appear to have some kind of greenish blue coating on the threads, I'm guessing it similiar to Loctite. They seem to give some friction when I tried twisting the nut onto the bolt using my bare hands.

·
Pay for quality, not name
2,026 Posts
Question: Are these bolts side dependant? Meaning only for front or rear? My installer stripped my existing ones and I need to make sure to get a couple for the rear.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,141 Posts
They are all the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts