MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got everything hooked up today on JDM smallport. Engine cranks freely, but won't start. I think I am getting gas, but it was late and I was tired so I haven't started to trouble shoot yet. Will be double checking timing tomorrow to make sure I am not 180 out.

cfspinner posted a pic to help me figure out what sensor I was talking about. Thanks. The water outlet on the back of the head has 2 sensors/switches for the EFI. I broke the outlet. The outlet I have only has 1 port. It does not have the port on the back side that holds the EFI water temp switch. I am assuming this is important. My question is, will the lack of this keep the engine from starting? I will be trying to locate another outlet tomorrow. The outlet that came on the JDM motor has the hose hookup pointing the wrong direction. I think I can work around that. Problem is it has 2 different sensors than what I have. They might be the same sensors, but just look different. I am going to look to see if I have the plugs for the 2 JDM sensors in case I need to use that outlet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts