MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a XM ready Pioneer head unit (DEPH8500MP) and had, an external XM unit hardwired into the deck via the rear BUS input. I have since pulled that out, and installed the Sirius Starmate Replay satellite reciever. I was initially using the FM transmitter on it for sound. Unhappy with the quality, I bought the Pioneer BUS input adapter and was then able to use AV jacks to hardwire it to the deck so I now can listen to Sirius through the AUX input.

The problem is, I can hear a crackling noise coming from the speakers that co-incides with the engine. It sounds like it's interference, but you only hear crackling and not a humming. It sounds like someone is eating rice crispies in my speakers! lol.

I used the same power wire and the same ground (bolt for seat) for the Sirius reciever as I had used for the XM. I had no problems with the XM. What gives :dontknow: Ground problem?

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, tried that already though. I'm thinking it's aground issue. When I get time (prolly not this weekend) I'll post back w/ the results.

Thanks for the reply

~Travis

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks will do. I didn't have time this weekend as I was picking up a 77 Toyota Hilux from Chico Ca (4 hours away). The truck broke down several times on the way home after the owner specifically said the truck was sound. Guess he didn't take into consideration the dead alternator. Yeah so limped it most of the way home and gave up about an hour and 45 minutes away from home. I went back today to move it and check voltage and what not. Tomorrow I hope to get a new alternator in it and get 'er home. What a PITA for an almost free truck. :(

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It started immediatly following the install of the Sirius receiver. I have a switch to turn off my power antenna, so it's not up all the time. I think it has something to do with the deck's ground. It's doing it while listening to a CD now too, not just the AUX for the Sirius receiver.

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took out my deck, cleaned up the mess of wires in the dash, and re-installed the deck. Everything seems fine now. I've had other problems with it before but a different sound could be heard. I dunno 'bout the deck :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts