MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, for you guys who have removed the vaccum lines, how did you deal with the car running at night with the lights one? can you use 3 or 4 point harnesses effectively with the stock seats? if i were to use a tractor battery what kind of cca would i need to look for? i had one on my 2.0 sohc neon, it was like 325 cca, and it started it everytime, even when cold. thanks in advance:)

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
The vacuum lines don't have anything whatsoever to do with the lights. The motors are electric.

3-point harness is stock. 4- or 5-point (or 6 or 7) harnesses cannot be PROPERLY used with stock seats unless you start cutting access holes in the seat. (And I would NOT recommend a 4-point - the belts ride up without the anti-sub belt. Also, don't everybody post "I put a set on my stock MkI seats and they work fine" - If you did, they're not installed according to FIA, SCCA, or anybody else's road-race-legal specs.)

325 CCA is sufficient - but you'd better make sure your engine is easy to start in all scenarios. You won't grind away at it for a couple of minutes unless you have a fair amp-hour reserve - which is not usually found on low CCA batteries.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I always say just get the biggest batt you can just to be on the safe side. I mean yeah it may be some extra weight but say you put in a smaller batt and your batt goes bad. Well sucks b/c you might not be able to get to a auto parts store to get a new Batt. But if you have a bigger one you will see the volts messing up and you can get to one before it craps out on you. I mean yeah an extra 25 pounds but it could mean being stranded or gettign somewhere.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im talking about when your at idle, and the idle goes down cause theres a drain on the alt. there is an idle up something or other right?

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
There are a few of the vacuum lines you don't remove, like the TVIS lines. And, yes, on most cars there is an alternator idle-up VSV. It's on the intake near the cold start injector.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which line runs to the tvis?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have 4 points using miata seats. if the car lands on its top side you might be in for it without a roll bar.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, from that, it looks like i can connect E directly to the lines for tvis, correct?

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts