MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to get the default values from the Dwell adjust boxes for each RPM from a Gen3 Power FC. I've been searching the site and there are a few threads showing it, but they're all images which have now been wiped from the internet. Could somebody repost them please?

Also from what I've read it sounds like the general rule is that anybody running a power FC with a Gen 2 igniter should input 30 into every one of these boxes is that also correct?

Thanks
Dan

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
6,845 Posts
Why not remove some of the complexity and switch to a gen3 ignitor, at least here in the states they're easy to find. I hate that a lot of information got lost because it was uploaded to photobucket.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am already using a gen3 ignitor, I'm trying to find the best dwell settings to run it using my aftermarket ECU, and seemed like Apexi probably had it right in their power FC base settings.

Yeah photobucket has ruined things though, so much information lost!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Post #10 in this thread
But unfortunately it doesn't have blurred out images it says images not available. Any ideas? I've contacted the original poster just in case

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Finally someone in the same boat as me. I had been working on figuring this all out a year ago. Ran into big boost leak issues and it halted everything I was doing, then winter, life, etc. Back looking at mr2. I will go back and try to find the images that I had as I was working to get them legible and usable again. Hopefully I can share the info with you soon. Or did you get past this?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
For a gen2 ignitor:
IGN Dwell vs RPM
rpm / adjust
10000 / 30
8000 / 30
4000 / 30
2000 / 30
1000 / 30
480 / 30

gen2 map sensor settings are
scale 5483, offset 4222
ATS uses scale 5400, offset 4000.

For a gen3 ignitor:
IGN Dwell vs RPM
rpm / adjust
10000 / 139
8000 / 139
4000 / 91
2000 / 54
1000 / 33
480 / 18

OEM gen3 map sensor settings should be
scale 6986, offset 5592

ATS MAP sensor 3.5bar
scale 9200, offset 3500

Apexi MAP sensor 3 bar
scale 6579. offset 3289

GM MAP sensor
scale 5400, offset 4000

Test for MAP settings is with key on and motor off, see which setting gets you closest to 1000.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mike, thanks for following up my thread with the answer I was looking for.

Honestly it's been so long now I can't remember why I needed to know.

I think it was because I suspected the gen 2 ignitor was "smart" and internally worked out dwell with a fixed signal from the ECU and Gen3 went to a dumb ignitor and let the ECU work out dwell, hence having a different dwell time for each RPM box.

I was hoping to get the Apexi values for Gen3 so I could convert them into values I could use on my Megasquirt ECU running a gen 3 ignitor.

Since then I've got my ignitor working happily in any case! Can't remember how now.....

Cheers,
Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts