MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I have an adapter that I am not going to use (deleted airbag from Carolla wheel) pm me if you need one.
Do you still have the adaptor? Back from the dead I know... I just picked up a wheel and am looking to install an airbag. Which is best? Also, were any of the "replacement" airbags included in recalls? Which years would be the best to look for?

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
FWIW - if you can't get it from the Toyota via SST, amayama.com lists it as an orderable item.

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?q=09082-00760

Ebay sellers have it as well but want $30 for it...at that price you might as well just pick up a $12 Deutsch DT/DTM connector or 2-pin metripak connector. But maybe that's just me, I honestly can't see anyone reverting back to their worn out, stock wheels.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Anyone know of any sellers of this that wont take 3+ months to receive here in the US?

And follow-up question - what if I have the clockspring mechanism (I think that's what it's called, it's black with large yellow stickers and the airbag plugs to it) to a corolla, could I just hook that up and not worry about an adapter? Would it still work with my car?

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I wound up shelling out to an ebay seller for mine. I could have bought several for the price on Amayama and then sold them off to pay for the one I needed. I should have waited and done so. Having the harness made everything so easy and the cruise control stalk on the new wheel worked with no problem as well.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts