MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...guys...... got some parts in today like my ITB'S 46mm each TB, and my VLSD 1.5 lock from a 1995 jdm mr2. cant wait to get them installed on my 3rd gen 3sge engine.. still waiting for my cams 264 HKS, and need to get EMS, and injectors.

well here some pics of the parts and ill post more pics once evrything is installed.

keeping it real keeping it N/A...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
eazy2001x said:
are you going to use the stock ECU?
said he was gonna get ems in his post.

anyways that is super sexy! i'm envious of what you about to accomplish since i never did the 3sge swap. =(

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
Sorry about that and I?m still wondering how the stock ECU will take to the ITB's. igaleli, would you mind the attempt on the stock ECU? Then let us know of any power gains?

I?m also worried about the runner length. Those rubber hoses seem really long for a ITB setup and is that a 5S MAP sensor? Hmm..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to go with a haltech ems on it, im thinking about running the 550cc supra injectors or bilitz 525cc with it. i will post beffore and after results.
let me know if there is anything els i should be looking for or maybe im forgeting.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont hate!!!! i could not have of
doen it with out the help of some people from this site....mr2oc.com...thank you and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i dont hate you i think it is awsome you are doing all the things i had planned for my 5sfe ...:D

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
darn thats exactly what i was thinking of doing to my 3rd gen to. you beat me to it. where did you get that ITB setup from? also i noticed you took the manifold of where are you going to get the gaskets? the last question im asking because i need to know where to get my gaskets for my 3s and i don't want to order from toysports. awesome for takeing a step for your fellow NA people. you've just brought us 1,000 years ahead. :thumbup

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought these ITB'S off ebay it came of a 3SFE engine of a toyota celica its a perfect match for the 5SFE engine i dont know about the fitting of the 3SGE but i bought it anyway if you dont try you would never know thats what i allways say. im going to take it to a machine shop and get it done perfectly. the the whole gaskets set of the 3SGE engine you can get on www.ebay.co.uk it would be easy becouse in england and europe they had this engine stock so you could also find nice deals on other parts for your engine. the only thing is the headers.....im still looking around they are pricey.
for the rest i hope to reach 240HP to the crank...i think it should be possible...but the more the better....the more we would try the more we achieve...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
igaleli headers are expensive i just ordered mine from fujitsubo japan for $900. im positive there was a $600 model to but the freaken shop i orderd from said they only have the $900 one avalible for the 3s im using.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i remember seeing those headers for sale a while back... you got an awesome deal on them, im looking forward to the results = )

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
About the injectors.. I?m running 440cc on my 5sge 2.2 project with 11:1 CP pistons. Do you think the 550 supra injectors might be way too much fuel. When I took my car to the dyno I made 10 more HP by dropping my fuel pressure from 43 to 37. I?m also on the stock ECU to that might be a factor as well since I?m using the stock base map for the 315cc injectors.

I?m also concerned with the runner length, what did you do in order to calculate where you want your estimated power. Example: a B series Integra type R B18C1 which has shorter runners and gives an improved top end power over the B18C5 GSR which has a longer runner style and a helper secondary for increased low end to mid power.

I?m very interested in your project because I was thinking about going with a custom manifold with a short runner style or a ITB setup.

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
siiiick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts