MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My coolant hose blew on the freeway and I am having a hard time figuring out which coolant hose part number to order. I attached a couple photos with a red arrow to the hose that blew.

Some old forum post mentioned using a caravan coolant hose in place of one of the coolant hoses in the MR2 engine bay will this work in my case? I cant confirm due to phobucket blurrying out images.

Thank you all in advance for the help! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Its been raining and getting darker outside after work so I have not put the time into really looking but it seems to run under my air intake box. I will take a detailed look when I get the chance and report back!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick follow up.

Thanks to everyone that responded! The correct part number is most likely 16558-74010 as mentioned by GDII and DeuceonBoost.

I had to remove the air intake box and resonator box to get to the other end of the hose. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong part on rockauto.com and it appears no dealership around me or auto parts store carry it so I am waiting on it to be delivery hopefully by this weekend so I can get things bolted back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got the hose and installed it but want to make sure I have it all in before putting the intake and everything back together.

I dont recall if the hose near the firewall goes ALL the way down pass the 2nd lip of the pipe or if I am okay as is as shown in my picture. I should have taken a picture of how the hose was before I removed it! :( Also man...new hoses are sooo tight and hard to put in!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update...

Yesterday, I pushed it close to the second ring / lip (not over) and moved the metal clamp close to it and bolted everything back on. I also cleaned the AFM and replaced the intake air filter while I was at it. Bleed the air from the coolant and took the car around the block and freeway. Just got back. Seem to be good! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts