MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok another day of horribleness. So i went to correct my mess up this morning only to realize the battery is almost dead. no biggie i throw on the charger.. well now the mr2 is acting like my honda was,. the lights flip up and down when i attempt to start the car.. so i disconnect the op gauge completely, go to start the car with the charger on,. it wants to start but the battery doesnt have enough juice to get it turned over. Side note... before i started the car the first time the op gauge read 0... Well after the failed attempts at starting the car. I go get the test light and begin looking for a 12v source to which the 12v source gets a 12v source when either the lights are turned on or when the key is turned to the acc or on position. I found a couple but they were all with the key. couldnt find a light wire. So i take the ign wire off the acc wire, wire it up to the wire i found. turn the key to acc.. and the gauge is reading 50psi.... that stumped me. So i take that off and put it back on the acc wire. turn the key to acc... gauge reads 100psi. This is exactly why I try to avoid messing with electrical things.. Can someone kindly assist me with this little problem of mine... What im not understanding is I did everything by the book(the gauge's manual).. but why am I still having problems... Has anyone else hooked up a electrical gauge to their car?? Do you mind telling me which wires you spliced???? HELP would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures in a little while i have to leave to go to work now.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If you send power to an electrical oil pressure gauge, but do not have the oil pressure sensor hooked up it will read max value.To me it sounds like it is functioniong normally.However I am not exactly sure if I am reading what you typed correctly because you type in a manner that makes it very difficult to read the post without getting a headache.God my head is starting to hurt already.I need to go get some Tylenol then perhaps I can continue to help you with your oil pressure gauge problems.I hope that helps.Let me know if you need further clairification.

:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol.. thats funny... what are you not understanding?? I can try to clairfy it for you... If you need further clarification you can always send me a im via aim.. I did that the op sender wire off,. I put it back on but i only hand tightened it. im glad you mentioned it because i completely forgot i was in the engine bay working.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If you send power to an electrical oil pressure gauge, but do not have the oil pressure sensor hooked up it will read max value.

To me it sounds like it is functioniong normally

See how much easier it is to read when you seperate your thoughts with a nice little [Return] ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE... Its alive... muhahahhahahaha,.. yea it works, finally,. all i need to do now is find a + 12 volt source for the gauge light... any suggestions??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts