MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Conservative Tune.(with dyno plot)

Had the car setup on a Dynopack the other day,and i'am just wondering if my tune is a bit on the safe side.The car made 361bhp at the hubs and 288Ibs.The car does feel quick but seems like its struggling to rev above 5000rpm when you get into 3rd and 4th gear.I'll post up the dyno charts tomorrow.
Rebuilt Gen3.
Forged pistons
HKS 264 cams
HKS 3037s turbo and manifold
Bootmounted intercooler
upgraded fuel system
Apexi PFC
25psi on pump gas

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
A safe tune wouldn't make it struggle past 5000 rpm, and peak tq of 288 ft-lbs sounds way for 25 psi. Seeing the dyno will help, and I'm half expecting to see the tq curve building to 5000 rpm and then break up.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Did you have it done at thor? they always tune really rich, mine is misfiring from over fuelling, i need to get it sorted.

Graeme

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Graeme i did.I've heard this mentioned before that they tend to tune a little too much on the rich side.
Mark.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Yeh, i took my plugs out today and they were black as hell, misfiring at high boost/rpm, not sure what to do, might get a data logit kit and pull some fuel out myself. I was happy with the tune at first, but now im not too sure, might have to go back, i am yet to decide.

Graeme

1 - 5 of 5 Posts