MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

was looking to purchase this motor, what just wondering what you guys thought of it. Ive included some pics. It looks pretty good to me, just thought id check since some of u have an eye for these things

Pics

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that would certainly xplain the lack of responses. Anyone know the site that host pics? We-tood-racing or something like that?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
pics still don't work. the error i get is:

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.
Thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
looks good from what is visible, but the pics dont tell too much. In my opinion, everything visible looks in good shape. Flywheel looks a little rusted. thats about all i can see, can you get a shot of the exhaust ports or is the manifold still on?
Edit: i can see its off, try to get a pic of that, sometimes different coloring will show lean/ rich running and condition of cylinders. My blown cylinder had a very different color than the rest.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
looks like she has pulled in a fair amount of oil through the intake.. could be blown turbo, could be excessive blow by... could just be age.

semi normal for a gen II though

-Tristan

ps. nice blue timing belt cover :D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flupstar said:
looks like she has pulled in a fair amount of oil through the intake.. could be blown turbo, could be excessive blow by... could just be age.

semi normal for a gen II though

-Tristan

ps. nice blue timing belt cover :D

anything that indicates that the motor is bad?

its got 30-40k miles on it btw.

mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts