MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my company's group home today to attend a meeting, and i parked in the driveway as usual and went inside. When the meeting was starting all of a sudden we hear a loud crash and bang as if a bomb went off, in the same instant I heard my car alarm going off. All the staff jumped and ran into the room and witnessed a site that resembled Universal Studio's attraction of the subway earthquake disaster. When the meeting was starting a staff was attempting to back the van out of the driveway, as he did that he claims he blacked out because of some medical condition and ran the van into my car and into the side of the house. When I saw the van in the house and I heard my alarm I knew it was over. I ran outside only to find a blockbuster worthy crash. The damage was immediately assesed at $2106, almost more than my 91 NA is worth in kelly blue book. The company says they will take care of it. But all companies will say that. I will post the pictures once I get them developed. You guys will have to see this one.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
That has to be one of the worst ways to lose your car. To see it smashed into a house? Did you want to hit the driver? I would have really wanted to.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
That hurts.
Don't lose hope on it yet, though... I recently had $6500 worth of damage done to one of my cars (two separate insurance claims from accidents 36 hours apart), and I somehow got it back.

Best of luck to you, and try not to let it get you down too much.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
has the driver of the van ever thought that, just maybe, he shouldn't be behind the wheel of ANY vehicle if he's prone to blackouts??!?!?!

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Happened to my dad once, cept no one took care of it. Some assclown went around a corner too fast at 2am when we were all asleep, and drove straight into my dads, otherwise mint condition (just had a quality paint job -not maaco, less than a year ago) 1974 Ford XLT pickup truck (it was also on the cover of a ford pickup truck magazine less than a year ago because it was so nice) and did 1200 dollars damage to the hood and fender. It was sitting in our driveway the whole time, and it gets hit. On top of that, the guy drove off, and we were stuck with the bill because of his dumbass. If I ever find out who did that to my dad, I am going to go to jail for a very long time, after I am through with him.

We didnt have full coverage either, we had to pay out the ass on that1.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I hope the company takes care of you. That's pretty messed up. I would definitely pursue this guy having a license if he is prone to blackouts. It's either A: true and he should not have a license (so he either lied to the state or the state didn't do their job) or B: false and he is a POS. Eitherway, if they don't properly reimburse you, I definitely see some lawyer action coming.

-G-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts