MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well i don't have the answers quite yet. QSL says they can only get us in as a group if we do this earlier. like say 1-2 pm. any problems with this? also, they will be able to set aside parking, for those driving their 2's. the alternative is to get together somewhere else, if this is to be an evening thing. we may not be able to appease eveyone's wishes, but i need some feedback, so we can get the plans set.

-Pii

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey I have a Red 87 NA mr2 and just wanted to intoduce myself, I just bought it about 2 months ago with 64000 miles on it and a little rust. Ive been working with another guy on the forum, under the name biscuitwheels and he has been the best thing to happen to me since i got the 2, he extremly knowledgeable and helpful. Anyways i moved to columbus for school from Cali and now i have my 2. I hope to wash and wax her today so i can get some pics for you guys. Also i would be interested in going to midohio for the 4th but i might have some conflicts with school so when it is finalized and if i can do it count me in. Nice to meet you guys

Jason

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason,

glad to have you along. the gathering on Feb.4th will be a "social" at quaker steak and lube (more info. to come). the mid-ohio race will be this summer. plenty of mr2 owners in this area, and many will be at this gathering on Feb. 4th

-Pii

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I'd say if you want to meet at Quaker Steak and Lube, just do it. Getting a firm count of attendees beforehand for them to set up tables will be tough anyways. Just have everybody meet in the parking lot, shoot the breeze and then pile into QS&L for some food. I guarantee that they will do whatever they can to accommodate you guys.

I would compile the details like this (feel free to use it if you want):

Columbus MR2 Lube Night

When - Saturday, February 4th - time??

Where - Quaker Steak and Lube - just off Interstate 71 at Polaris Parkway

What - A Columbus-area MR2 Owners Club meet-n-greet to discuss future plans and swap stories about the joys of MR2 ownership. Any past or prospective MR2 owner is also welcome to attend. As this event will happen rain or shine, there is no obligation to bring out your MR2 in adverse conditions. If you have any questions the day of the event, you can call Pii at (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yo Phil- I can't do it during the day, and Jen wants to come too. What is Ron thinking?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
any time on saturday is fine for me.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
jp555soul said:
Hey I have a Red 87 NA mr2 and just wanted to intoduce myself, I just bought it about 2 months ago with 64000 miles on it and a little rust. Ive been working with another guy on the forum, under the name biscuitwheels and he has been the best thing to happen to me since i got the 2, he extremly knowledgeable and helpful. Anyways i moved to columbus for school from Cali and now i have my 2. I hope to wash and wax her today so i can get some pics for you guys. Also i would be interested in going to midohio for the 4th but i might have some conflicts with school so when it is finalized and if i can do it count me in. Nice to meet you guys

Jason
where in california did you move from? i grew up there.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
so are we doing daytime or evening? we need to decide quick. i will make a poll.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, here are some details.

when: saturday feb 4th at 2pm
where: quaker steak and lube
who: mr2 owners and enthusiasts
how: well, ok, that one's yours to solve

QSL is at :

8500 Lyra Dr.
columbus 43240

you need to get off I-71 at polaris pkwy (1st exit north of 270), and go west. it's on the north side of the road, at the bottom of the hill. so, it's close to the highway. we will have an area sectioned off for the cars, for those of you who have them out.

for those interested, we may head to speeds afterwards, and Ron made a good suggestion. for those of legal age, we will prolly go to see Willie Phoenix ( http://www.williephoenix.com/ ) at the voodoo, if we are still hanging. directions to come.

-Pii

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
since we have a time set, disregard the poll.

now lets hope the nice weather trend continues!!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Don't forget to discuss the ALMS at MidOhio meet in May while you guys are meeting! (I don't think I'll be able to make the drive on Feb. 4th)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
TBeck2000 said:
Don't forget to discuss the ALMS at MidOhio meet in May while you guys are meeting! (I don't think I'll be able to make the drive on Feb. 4th)
definitely. ill try and round up as much info as i can and bring it with me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sounds good. I'll do my best to make it there. Hopefully my work meeting lets out in time! If I do make it, I'll be in my MR2

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Pii said:
for those interested, we may head to speeds afterwards
i believe Speeds is closing the 31st of this month.

·
Registered
665 Posts
no kidding!! i sure hope they aren't! I'd love to go to speeds. Somebody check on that and see if it'll be open or not.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts