MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a cold start problem on my 87 Mk1 4age lately. Found out with an ohm reading on my cold start injector time switch (which is mounted on my thermostate housing) that the switch is bad. Now that I have found the problem, anyone have a good used injector time switch for sale or an old thermostate housing with a good switch intact? [email protected]

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I had that same problem, got a used one from a low mileage junkyard corolla and fixed it right up. Try posting in the F/S section.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
What were the symptons of your problem - my 89 revs into the 2000s for a couple of minutes after startup (any temperature) which doesn't seem right, but it calms down to normal idle fairly quickly so I never bothered to pursue it.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kbox, the cold start injector time (thermal) switch has a two prong(electrical) brown top and is located on top of the termostate housing. Let me know if you have one. My symptoms were that it takes aleast 10 to 15 seconds of turning over a cold motor before it fires up. Warm motor, fires up instantly. Cold start injector time switch triggers the cold start injector(to shoot out alittle gas into intake) on a cold engine.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Ah brown, now I remember why mine doesn't work. It isn't connected. :)

I will check when I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts