MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i want to replace my greddy IC pipes with costume aluminum pipes ( with bov fixed to new pipes). So my QUESTION is would it be worth ceramic coating the pipes. Would there be a difference than non coated pipes, as far as the air temp., inside the pipes??

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
so you want to dress up your "costume" pipes with ceramic coat......

if they are Aluminium.. theres not really a point.
If they are steel, you need to coat inside and out to prevent rust.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Most references I've read say not to coat or wrap the pipes. The reason being that pipes get quite hot from the intake charge and need to shed that heat. If you want something fancy, polish the pipes instead and be sure to mount one or two fans in your engine lid to keep engine bay temps down.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well, if you have a good intercooler, your charge temps in the pip should be cooler then your underhood temps...

I wouldn't (and didn't on my own car) wrap the hot side for that reason though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sflmr2 said:
Most references I've read say not to coat or wrap the pipes. The reason being that pipes get quite hot from the intake charge and need to shed that heat. If you want something fancy, polish the pipes instead and be sure to mount one or two fans in your engine lid to keep engine bay temps down.
yeah that sounds like the best way to go thanks man :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sflmr2 said:
yeah that sounds like the best way to go thanks man :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts